Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermaine Franklin: I Feel Like I Paid My Dues... Now I'm Ready To Create Some Damage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermaine Franklin: I Feel Like I Paid My Dues... Now I'm Ready To Create Some Damage

Jermaine Franklin has gained more profile from his back-to-back defeats than during his rise as an undefeated prospect. Of course, it's time to get back into the win column. Defeats to Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua in consecutive trips to the UK has left Franklin without a win over an
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boooooooooooomb squuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Comment

I thought he lost to Whyte in a close fight but hopefully he gives good performance tonight. I like this guy and i want to see him fight top 20 guys

Comment

Jermaine Franklin has done very well, and I think there is a market there for him 'As a Derek Chisora type fighter, who provides good solid work for World class fighters and maybe? Even produces a win here and there'.

Franklin has already fought two high level fighters, in his last two fights and even in a loss he has left those fights with credit.

Franklin was beaten easily by Joshua, but he was not knocked out. And while training part time for Whyte, he was still able to push him in a close fight etc.

Note: Usually with certain fighters, especially heavyweights of a standard. Once they get there big fights vs Joshua, they drop off in terms of attitude and dedication. Franklin was 22 pounds lighter vs Joshua, than he was vs Whyte 'He has to keep this attitude and work ethic moving forward. And not become a typical modern day American Heavyweight i.e I don't see many besides Wilder with a top level work ethic, that is how things appear to me 'Martin also seems another American Heavyweight with good work ethic'.

I don't particular think it is solely a trait of American Heavyweights, it is just Heavyweights in this modern era as a whole 'Once they fight their big fights, they seem to drop off in work ethic dramatically'

A fighter like Joseph Parker seemed to do this for awhile, but since he has been working with the Fury's and Andy Lee he has improved his passion and work ethic etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 07-15-2023, 08:37 AM.

Comment

The key is make a couple million net worth and you can leave the sport all together,
          Get Paid!

Comment

Its not often that the late moment replacement is better than the original opponent. I don't know much about the undefeated mexican, just that he's a full fledged heavyweight in his prime, and not a washed up former cruiserweight like junior wright. Lets see if Jermaine impresses against the short notice unknown.

Comment

He was in much better condition when he fought Joshua as opposed to when he fought Whyte. Which is great, the money from his fight with Whyte allowed him to train full time and that showed. His problem though is that he hasn't got much pop and I think that will limit how far he can go.
              Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

Franklin is also better than Fury`s next opponent.

Comment

He can make a good living as a gatekeeper/journeyman along the lines of Monte Barrett, Obed Sullivan, Jerry Forrest, Kevin Johnson, David Bostice. Travel the world & make enough money to buy a house or open a gym or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X