Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk-Dubois: Aadam Hamed, Son Of Ex-WBO Champ Naseem, To Turn Pro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk-Dubois: Aadam Hamed, Son Of Ex-WBO Champ Naseem, To Turn Pro

Aadam Hamed will make his professional debut next month. The son of former world champion 'Prince' Naseem Hamed has been described as a 'future star' by his proud father. Hamed, though, is set to turn over out of the way of the limelight, being set to make his bow in the paid code in Poland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I must admit back in the day when Prince naz used to fight I looked forward to watching him do his thing, his son has huge shoes to try to put on
    Nomadic Nomadic likes this.

Comment

I'm already concerned.

On camera he says he wants to make his own name and not try to fight like his dad:

Yet his social media uploads say otherwise:

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...d-son-dancing/

Naseem was not just the style, but also the opposition. Let's not pretend that he beat a significant amount of top tier guys.

If Aadam goes in there trying to dance against the wrong guy, it's not going to end well for him, plus I'm not convinced that today's refs will let him get away with it. We already saw trigger refs stop fights over trash talking.
      Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
        I'm already concerned.

On camera he says he wants to make his own name and not try to fight like his dad:

Yet his social media uploads say otherwise:

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/8...d-son-dancing/

Naseem was not just the style, but also the opposition. Let's not pretend that he beat a significant amount of top tier guys.

If Aadam goes in there trying to dance against the wrong guy, it's not going to end well for him, plus I'm not convinced that today's refs will let him get away with it. We already saw trigger refs stop fights over trash talking.
        Naz beat a lot of world class fighters. How else would he have proven himself a great?

Anyone who goes down this road with this thinking i'll happily prove how clueless you are.

Robinson
        Medina
        Johnson
        Ingle
        Badillo
        Vasquez
        Soto
        McCullough
        Bungu
        Belcastro
        Kelley

Comment

Very few sons of famous boxers have successfully carried on the torch and brought glory to the family name (Tim Tszyu being one of the exceptions).
          Of course, there'll be many young fighters lining up for a chance to take his head off and make a name for themselves. I'll be tuning in.

Comment

Why ex WBO champ

Hamed was also IBF and WBC champ.

Comment

Working...
            X