Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Martin: The Top Names Gonna Have To See Me; I'm Ready For Every Last One Of 'Em

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Martin: The Top Names Gonna Have To See Me; I'm Ready For Every Last One Of 'Em

By Keith Idec - Frank Martin might've made his pursuit of higher-profile lightweight fights more difficult by dominating Michel Rivera the way that he did December 17. The skillful, strong, versatile Martin (17-0, 12 KOs) was so impressive versus Rivera that the emerging contender nicknamed "The Ghost" feels he probably "spooked" lightweights who previously might've considered facing him. The Detroit native dropped the Dominican Republic's Rivera (24-1, 14 KOs) in the seventh round and decisively defeated him on all three scorecards in their "Showtime Championship Boxing" main event at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"If Davis doesn’t grant Martin an opportunity, the Dallas-based boxer mentioned Isaac Cruz and Edwin De Los Santos as potential opponents among the lightweights also affiliated with Al Haymon’s PBC."

I'm good with either of the 3 fights he mentioned! However "Ghost" you have to shine on Saturday! You can't just win! You must dominate this man! Let's Go!

Comment

If Martin wins in style (not a given) on saturdaytthen a fight with Cruz would be a good next step.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        By Keith Idec - Frank Martin might've made his pursuit of higher-profile lightweight fights more difficult by dominating Michel Rivera the way that he did December 17. The skillful, strong, versatile Martin (17-0, 12 KOs) was so impressive versus Rivera that the emerging contender nicknamed "The Ghost" feels he probably "spooked" lightweights who previously might've considered facing him. The Detroit native dropped the Dominican Republic's Rivera (24-1, 14 KOs) in the seventh round and decisively defeated him on all three scorecards in their "Showtime Championship Boxing" main event at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Frank Martin is most definitely underrated. He was a straight operator in his last fight vs. Rivera. I've seen The Ghost fight before, but he's starting to step his game up while continuously working on his craft. I can't get over how smooth and calm he boxes. He certainly a very smart fighter. I'm intrigued to seeing where his career will take him.

Comment

He's definitely the dark horse at 135lbs. Issac Cruz would be a great fight for him next if he wins on Saturday an Cruz wins his next fight. It seems like such a obvious match up to make

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Martin
            The top names gonna have to see me; I'm ready for every last one of 'em.
            ​First, you need to filter out names that you know can't happen. You need to stop mentioning Zepeda, Stevenson, etc. Simply because they're not PBC fighters. Let's get real. It's not that easy to fight someone not belonging in your side of the street. So from now on stop mentioning their names and mention only your own fellow PBC fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Martin
              The top names gonna have to see me; I'm ready for every last one of 'em.

When you call out guys like Zepeda, it just means you're not being sincere. Otherwise, show your sincerity by saying you're willing to fight on a non-Showtime platform and ask your promoter to give you permission to do so.

Comment

The side of the street crap is obnoxious. That's why PBC is the protected boxers club. Half the time they don't even fight each other, just sit there inactive and blabbing away on social media. Just fight already.

Comment

I don't even know why Martin's career is being slowed down as if he's still in his early 20s.
                  He made a good showing in his last fight, and here he is after 7 long months fighting a guy nobody even knew existed.
                  He should be fast-tracked and stop wasting time making fights only 5 fans want to see. Look at all the threads
                  about his next fight and there's hardly any show of interest. Why is such fight even made? What's the point?
                  He wins, so what? The fans wait for a long time only to see him fight another low-level opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post
                    I don't even know why Martin's career is being slowed down as if he's still in his early 20s.
                    He made a good showing in his last fight, and here he is after 7 long months fighting a guy nobody even knew existed.
                    He should be fast-tracked and stop wasting time making fights only 5 fans want to see. Look at all the threads
                    about his next fight and there's hardly any show of interest. Why is such fight even made? What's the point?
                    He wins, so what? The fans wait for a long time only to see him fight another low-level opponent.
                    Because he's part of the PBC. Besides him, they've got Cruz, Tank, Gamboa, De Los Santos, Fortuna, Valenzuela, and a few journeymen at 135. The biggest names don't really want to gatekeep on the PBC side.

Who do you want him to fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X