Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis on Fighting Eimantas Stanionis: I'll Take That in a Heartbeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jaron Ennis on Fighting Eimantas Stanionis: I'll Take That in a Heartbeat

Atlantic City - In a welterweight showdown for the interim-IBF title, Jaron Ennis (31-0, 28 KOs) broke down, dropped and stopped Roiman Villa (26-2, 24 KOs) in the tenth round. Villa was coming off some big upset wins, including his tough split decision to take away the undefeated record of Rashidi Ellis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope Stanionis can get a fight in August! Boots won't be ready until November/December, and Stanionis hasn't had a fight since April 2022! Crowley, Thurman, Ugas, or Barrios, then Boots in the winter! In a perfect world Stanionis vs. Thurman in August, winner gets Boots!

Comment

This bum is all talk.

Comment

Good performance. Good power, speed and punch selection. But I won't get carried away. He fought a guy essentially tailor made for him, a punching bag at times. I think the jury is still out. But all that talk of Spence or Crawford next, am not buying it. Stanionis is a nice step up if Boots is really serious and maybe Haymon can give him Thurman or Ugas after that. The fight at the weight is still him and Ortiz assuming Ortiz can get past his health issues.
        Regge Regge El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
          This bum is all talk.
          Bum??? Then besides Spence and Crawford, who are the non bums that can beat him? You have hate issues.

Comment

Stanionis first, winner gets the winner of Spence vs Crawford.

Comment

Stanionis is another guy who won’t be hard to find for Boots
              A little more movement than Villa but not by much
              It would be a step in the right direction and can be said a step up
              kjeeze941 kjeeze941 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

Bum??? Then besides Spence and Crawford, who are the non bums that can beat him? You have hate issues.
                Virgil and stanoinis. It actually shows how weak the division is right now

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Virgil and stanoinis. It actually shows how weak the division is right now
                  As you can see from my prior posts, I like Stanionis and favored him to knock out Vergil, but there's no way he can beat Boots. That style of fighting that Vergil, Stan, and Villa use just lead to the same outcome as last night. Ennis is a special, switch hitter that has way too many tools to be beaten by anyone besides Spence and Crawford. You calling him a bum, and now trying to degrade the great competition at 147 just continues to display your hate issues.

Comment

Make it next. It’s time this guy starts fighting some top guys. Though even Stanionis is a B-level fighters. Really though, boxing has fallen off so hard there isn’t much actual elites like there used to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X