No announcement yet.

Team Guerrero Fire Back at Goossen, Claim Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Guerrero Fire Back at Goossen, Claim Golden Boy

This afternoon Goossen-Tutor Promotions, LLC ("GTP") issued a press release relating to Robert Guerrero, which misstates the relevant facts. In order to avoid all confusion, here are the facts relative to the dispute between Guerrero and GTP. [details]

Well, Guerrero should be a free agent then...If he signed a 5 year contract in 2003 which ran out in 2008 sure he's free to sign with anyone unless there was a clause relating to him been offered a new deal under Goossen tutors.

Comment

i hope aliens win this fight...so they can take guerrero out into space.

Comment

Why fight over a bum??

Comment

You can't go against the courts ruling in this case.Guerrero and GBP have no leg to stand on in this matter.Lets not forget that Guerrero took time off to care for his cancer stricken wife.While that act of love is admirable it also took time off that 5yr contract,but by his choice though.As cold as it sounds this is business and his contract is not over with GTP.Of Course this is my opinion and only that,but it does smell of corruption.But besides all that I can't for the life of me figure out why both promoters want to wrestle over this dude.

Comment

Seems to me that GBP has started to morph into the new Don"Corupt"King for this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Snatcher View Post
              Seems to me that GBP has started to morph into the new Don"Corupt"King for this generation.
              why??
              his 5 years contract was over in 2008.
              GBP signed him

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                why??
                his 5 years contract was over in 2008.
                GBP signed him
                What people need to realize is that these contracts have tons of caveats. For instance some have an injury clause which will extend the contract for the length of time that the fighter was injured. They also have built in extensions based upon regional titles, world titles and world rankings within the 4 sanctioning bodies. We would have to see the actual words of the contract to see who is right or wrong. My guess is that Goosen had the extensions built into the contract and has nothing to worry about. GBP might also need to be worried about being sued for "Tortious Interference". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
                  What people need to realize is that these contracts have tons of caveats. For instance some have an injury clause which will extend the contract for the length of time that the fighter was injured. They also have built in extensions based upon regional titles, world titles and world rankings within the 4 sanctioning bodies. We would have to see the actual words of the contract to see who is right or wrong. My guess is that Goosen had the extensions built into the contract and has nothing to worry about. GBP might also need to be worried about being sued for "Tortious Interference". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference
                  Could'nt have said it better.

Comment

Working...
                  X