Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquis Taylor Drops, Shocks Yoelvis Gomez With Unanimous Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquis Taylor Drops, Shocks Yoelvis Gomez With Unanimous Decision

ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Marquis Taylor justified the supreme confidence he exuded before his fight versus Yoelvis Gomez on Saturday night. The determined underdog upset Gomez by unanimous decision in a 10-round middleweight match Showtime televised from Boardwalk Hall's Adrian Phillips Theater. Taylor dropped Gomez in the second round of Taylor's middleweight debut, fought through a cut around his right eye for nine-plus rounds, worked well to the body on the inside with the supposedly stronger Gomez and defeated the favored Cuban southpaw on all three scorecards.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-08-2023, 10:35 PM.

Congratulations to the young Houstonian with the upset. Glad the right man won on the judges card
    Hitmon Hitmon KING S.O.G KING S.O.G like this.

Comment

Definitely was waiting for this one. Gomez’s style is so off fundamentally and so sloppy that a sharpshooter was waiting to break his neck. He’s lucky Taylor has worse power than Malinaggi…
      Last edited by Punch on Tap; 07-08-2023, 10:38 PM.
      Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

Marquis is pure humble, humility, and down to earth. He must have been through a lot to be so advanced on a personal level. One of the most likable spirits in boxing and I loft him to the word spirit because there is something very special about him. He puts his whole heart into even something as simple as an interview.
        Last edited by richardt; 07-08-2023, 10:45 PM.
        Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Wow! It's been a tough year for Joe Goosen!!!
          KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

Not a hard fight to score

Comment

Glad Taylor got the nod, I’m so jaded by this corrupt sport that I was expecting Gomez to get a gift.

Comment

Taylor made things incredibly awkward in there, he has a very different style but he makes it work for him. Marquis was ripping Gomez with bodywork and landed plenty of clean shots going into and coming out of the breaks.

For as ugly of a style as it is, I was entertained.

Comment

Like i said, Taylor is the best boxer in boxing. He is the next coming of James Toney the way he stays in the pocket with the bangerws and goes away untouched. Its a godamn shame he has no power. Fate is cruel he'd be the best of them all.

Comment

Working...
                  X