Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter on Spence-Crawford: First Four Rounds Will Determine How The Fight is Going To Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter on Spence-Crawford: First Four Rounds Will Determine How The Fight is Going To Go

Veteran trainer Virgil Hunter, best known for his work with former two division champion Andre Ward, gave his take on the upcoming welterweight unification between Errol Spence and Terence Crawford.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Recycled from the interview Ring Magazine did with Porter, Brook, Virgil Hunter and the Bread Man...yawn

Comment

Not sure I agree. Usually great fighters adjust and there's a lot of ebb and flows in the fight. See Leonard vs Hearns.

Comment

Crawford is usually a slow starter who will study and read his opponents style before he dominating him in late rounds. I see Errol winning the first half of the fight and Crawford taking over later. It will be a close fight.

Comment

50/50 fight my azz! That's what pundits, trainers, other fighters and network execs have to say to sell the fight. Anyone with a keen eye for boxing knows who the better fighter is and always was. It's obvious. Examine the lifestyles, out-of-ring history and performance against common foes. Don't make this fight out to be differential equations or calculus. It's not.

Comment

Crawford has more ways to win. Spence has 2 - grind and/or box fundamentally.

If Spence boxes as well as he can Crawford is going to struggle to consistently hit and hurt Spence - If Spence is coming forward most rounds and landing then he'll pick up the rounds.

Lets see if 3 of the usual 4/5 judges are at ringside - Spence is the A side - he can move up to fight Jermell Charlo at 160/168 or Canelo. I don't believe Crawford would do that if he wins plus he is 36 soon.

There is more money for Las Vegas if Spence wins - not so much Crawford

I wish boxing wasn't like this - but it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
              Crawford is usually a slow starter who will study and read his opponents style before he dominating him in late rounds. I see Errol winning the first half of the fight and Crawford taking over later. It will be a close fight.
              I see it the opposite way. Errol will dominate the later rounds as I feel he has more dog in him. Not to mention better, fitness. If the fight stays a chess match it favours Crawford but if they are throwing leather from the first minute then I feel down the stretch just based on attribution Errol will get him. I could be wrong though

Comment

In tired of hearing what might happen. They're fighting soon, we will see what really will happen

Comment

Working...
                X