Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Julio Cesar Martinez: I Still Want To Be Undisputed Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Julio Cesar Martinez: I Still Want To Be Undisputed Champ

As BoxingScene.com previously reported, the Julio Cesar Martinez-McWilliams Arroyo rematch is somehow back in play. Last month, a purse bid was held to determine promotional rights to the snakebit title consolidation bout was won by Clase y Talento, the company headed by Eddy Reynoso who submitted $345,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No, he doesn't.
    Another Mexican duck.

Comment

Better start actually fighting then.

Comment

Actually fight Arroyo already or move up to 115

Comment

We'll see how he looks now that he's off the Reynoso special juice, and after getting beat down by Chocolatito. I don't see him getting past the winner of Bam v Sunny.
          Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
            We'll see how he looks now that he's off the Reynoso special juice, and after getting beat down by Chocolatito. I don't see him getting past the winner of Bam v Sunny.
            He can beat Sunny, but Bam, NO WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post

He can beat Sunny, but Bam, NO WAY!
              I'm not convinced he can beat either guy... Sunny has a lot of skills but no power. Bam looks like a pretty complete package, especially for a kid who's only 23. He's going to be insane when he hits his prime.

I feel bad for people who don't watch the lower weight classes, and missed out on guys like Chocolatito, Estrada, Ioka, Inoue, Donaire, etc and are missing out on upcoming guys like Bam, Junto Nakatani, and Tenshin Nasukawa. Not a complete list, but if you love the sweet science, I'd generally watch the little guys than the heavyweights.
              Joe shmo Joe shmo Rebelrbg Rebelrbg like this.

Comment

The littles are normally all action fights, but I love watching everything 175 and under. I used to love watching the heavyweights as well, but the talent has been extremely hard to come by lately. Those athletes are going towards American football rather than boxing. I don't blame them, its a higher chance to be successful and get some guaranteed millions, health care, and a pension. Anyway, Bam is different, he's going to be amazing. Martinez might be too strong for Sunny, and will probably walk through his shots to land his own.
                crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

I'm not convinced he can beat either guy... Sunny has a lot of skills but no power. Bam looks like a pretty complete package, especially for a kid who's only 23. He's going to be insane when he hits his prime.

I feel bad for people who don't watch the lower weight classes, and missed out on guys like Chocolatito, Estrada, Ioka, Inoue, Donaire, etc and are missing out on upcoming guys like Bam, Junto Nakatani, and Tenshin Nasukawa. Not a complete list, but if you love the sweet science, I'd generally watch the little guys than the heavyweights.
                  Replied above
                  crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelrbg View Post
                    The littles are normally all action fights, but I love watching everything 175 and under. I used to love watching the heavyweights as well, but the talent has been extremely hard to come by lately. Those athletes are going towards American football rather than boxing. I don't blame them, its a higher chance to be successful and get some guaranteed millions, health care, and a pension. Anyway, Bam is different, he's going to be amazing. Martinez might be too strong for Sunny, and will probably walk through his shots to land his own.
                    100%. Agree completely. I do hope we see a unification vs the winner of Bam v Sunny, because it will be interesting either way. I love that mini shift that Bam does, to make his right hook come inside the guard even though he looks like he's basically in the same position. That's veteran sneaky, but he's still so young. Was very impressed by Junto Nakatani at 115 with that brutal beatdown of Moloney, and Tenshin Nasukawa, as you may know, is one of the greatest kickboxers of all time, and when he comes to the US, people will underestimate him because they don't know he's got 45 wins in combat sport already. We've already seen from the Thais that the experience transfers over just fine. I was surprised he didn't get the stoppage in his debut though.
                    Rebelrbg Rebelrbg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X