Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis-Vergil Ortiz Postponed Once Again; Floyd Schofield Jr. Moves To DAZN Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis-Vergil Ortiz Postponed Once Again; Floyd Schofield Jr. Moves To DAZN Main Event

Yet another delay has been met with the Eimantas Stanionis-Vergil Ortiz welterweight clash. BoxingScene.com has confirmed that the WBA 'Regular' welterweight title fight will no longer move forward. The battle of unbeaten contenders was due to headline a DAZN show this Saturday from AT&T Center in San Antonio, but is once again postponed after Ortiz fainted and was hospitalized for undisclosed reasons as this goes to publication.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-06-2023, 12:21 PM.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuk!!!!

Time is on Ortiz side but damn this is not good the fight reminds me of UFCs Khabib vs Ferguson just not meant to be.

Comment

I'm afraid Ortiz will not be back at top level. This stuff is extremely serious.

Comment

This fight is cursed just like bey/farmer.

It's time to move on
        Last edited by Hustle; 07-06-2023, 11:32 AM.

Comment

This guy needs to stop trying to make welterweight it's seriously damaging him

Comment

Oh **** c'mon

Comment

ortiz should move up or retire. Tired of this.

Comment

So IDK who's advising Ortiz, whether it's GB or his manager but they are not looking after Ortiz best interest. To me, it seems like his health issues are coming from him trying to make 147, I'm not a doctor but what I've read about his condition, it seems that it developed from him not getting proper nutrition and to me, that seems like he can't make the weight in a healthy way. With all that, I don't understand why his management team doesn't advise him to move up, and if it's something else where he's suffering from a condition regardless of whatever weight he's fighting in, then he needs to take a step back and figure things out before he continues his career. It's a sad situation all around because Ortiz was headed somewhere but you can't put yourself in a bad situation when your occupation requires your body to be clicking at all cylinders in order to be safe. Hope everything works out for Ortiz but your health should come above anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  So IDK who's advising Ortiz, whether it's GB or his manager but they are not looking after Ortiz best interest. To me, it seems like his health issues are coming from him trying to make 147, I'm not a doctor but what I've read about his condition, it seems that it developed from him not getting proper nutrition and to me, that seems like he can't make the weight in a healthy way. With all that, I don't understand why his management team doesn't advise him to move up, and if it's something else where he's suffering from a condition regardless of whatever weight he's fighting in, then he needs to take a step back and figure things out before he continues his career. It's a sad situation all around because Ortiz was headed somewhere but you can't put yourself in a bad situation when your occupation requires your body to be clicking at all cylinders in order to be safe. Hope everything works out for Ortiz but your health should come above anything else.
                  From what I heard he's gotten Rhabdomyolysis, that thing that gets CrossFit people and he's gotten it twice now. I heard a rumor that he does two a day training sessions with no rest days so when you put two and two together...

On the other hand I feel bad for Stanionis, man has basically gone through 3 training camps getting ready and now has nothing to show for it. They couldn't find any dude and pay him a few grand for Stanionis to take his frustration out on?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                    Very well said at this point it seems like he's outgrown the weight which is crazy because he's still only 25 and moved up from 140 already.

Comment

Working...
                    X