No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: At Welterweight, Saturday is The Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: At Welterweight, Saturday is The Future

By Cliff Rold - The anticipation is building for one of boxing's easiest things to get excited about: a generational welterweight title clash. They don't happen often and they're almost always memorable (and sometimes debated). Ray Leonard-Tommy Hearns, Pernell Whitaker-Julio Cesar Chavez, Felix Trinidad-Oscar De La Hoya, and Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao all captivated the world in their time and captured a hell of a lot of coin to go with it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I have Ortiz over Staniosis and Boots.
    MesicoFistology MesicoFistology likes this.

Comment

This Saturday Vergil Ortiz will be fighting a world champion in a huge step up while Boots Ennis will fight another bum. And yet Cliff Rold decides to put up Ennis photo on the article smh clown

Comment

Originally posted by MesicoFistology View Post
        This Saturday Vergil Ortiz will be fighting a world champion in a huge step up while Boots Ennis will fight another bum. And yet Cliff Rold decides to put up Ennis photo on the article smh clown
        How is Stanionis a world champion? Spence and Crawford have the titles.

Comment

Villa isn’t a bum,, he’s coming off a big win. I agree that Ortiz-Stanionis is a more competitive and intriguing match but let’s not hate just to put Boots down unnecessarily.

Comment

You would expect the Ortiz fight to be of more interesting match up but..... it is boxing it has those mixed messages that stop having any truth to them once they get in the ring. This and what is coming up in the near future is going to give this Summer a chance to bring some memorable fights into the history of boxing ..... or not it is boxing but if you match them up close great things can happen in the ring. Rack um up..................

Comment

Well that bum was the talk of a lot of guys in the forum after his last win saying he beats Ennis, I think Ennis is going blast him out of there I don't know what they see in Villa but he isn't a bum he is a tough quality guy just not the level Ennis is.
              Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Seriously. People need to stop dignifying the secondary titles as being "world champion". They're definitionally not. If there's someone ahead of you in the organization whose "title" you have, you are NOT world champion. Secondary titles are glorified mandatory positions that only exist to funnel more money into the pockets of the respective alphabet organization.

Also, sucks that Ortiz is hospitalized AGAIN.
                Last edited by crimsonfalcon07; 07-06-2023, 12:50 PM.
                Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Deal with the wba that subject

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Well that bum was the talk of a lot of guys in the forum after his last win saying he beats Ennis, I think Ennis is going blast him out of there I don't know what they see in Villa but he isn't a bum he is a tough quality guy just not the level Ennis is.
                    Villa has 27 pro fights. Name just 3 elite opponents that Villa has beaten. I’ll wait

Comment

Working...
                    X