Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu's Promoter: I Understand Charlo's Decision To Fight Canelo, A Chance To Make History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu's Promoter: I Understand Charlo's Decision To Fight Canelo, A Chance To Make History

No Limit CEO George Rose, who promotes undefeated Australian star Tim Tszyu, does not blame Jermell Charlo for accepting a highly lucrative opportunity to face Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. Tszyu's is the WBO's mandatory challenger to Charlo, who holds the undisputed crown at junior middleweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anyone would've taken that opportunity for sure

Comment

What is it with Canelo and holding up important fights in divisions not of his own?

Comment

Both guys holding their divisions up. I say strip them of a majority of the belts once the fight is over

Comment

Peace for being honest. A lot of us said the same. Tim can cry duck all he wants but he would've took this fight as well

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
            What is it with Canelo and holding up important fights in divisions not of his own?
            Precisely. It's not like there aren't REAL fights in his own weight class. I guess that's the thing: Canelo doesn't want a real fight. He recently pursued Badou Jack for a "Cruiserweight" title at a catch weight of 180 lbs with a rehydration clause. So, it's not like he's pursuing the best opponents outside his weight class either. He messed around and found out with Bivol. He chose him over Beterbiev thinking he'd "make history". It's ridiculous at this point. I don't blame Jermell, but Canelo is making a career out of NOT fighting the best in and around his weight class. If he fights a "name" they're either past their prime (Mosley, Cotto, GGG, Kovalev) or subject to stipulations (rehydration clauses, short notice for fights, etc).

The thing is, Canelo is a really good fighter. He proved that with getting all the belts at 168 by taking three "0"s (Callum Smith, BJS, Caleb Plant). And, I'm real enough about boxing to know that the "A side" always gets preferential treatment of terms. He's also been gifted wins as the A-side (Trout, Lara, GGG first fight).

But, because of all of this, his legacy isn't all it's cracked up to be, in my opinion. Reminds me of Floyd in his later years.

If he truly wants legacy, he should be fighting guys like Benavidez, Andrade, Beterbiev, and Jermall (after he has a get back fight). That is why I'm hoping Jermell pulls off a stunner.

Comment

So Canelo should take all the legacy defining fights while the other guys fight nobodies and wait in line.

Comment

You should want Beterbiev
                Bena
                Charlo
                man’s Andrade to do the same and actually earn a fight with Canelo

Comment

Strip Jermell, Jermall and Canelo for holding their belts hostage, especially Jermall.

Comment

I can't blame Charlo. He's daring to be great and going after the bag. The Tsyu fight is there regardless. Canelo did the same thing when he went up a division to face Bivol. He fell short but didn't lose any stock in the SMW division. The same should happen with Charlo. He's taking a risk but he'll eventually come back down to his division and be a bigger star because of it. I can't blame him. The only reason this sucks is because of how little fighters fight nowadays. They only fight 1-2 times a year so we feel like there's missed opportunities when they don't fight the people we want to see them fight. But if fighters were fighting 3-4 times a year, people would understand this more.

Comment

Working...
                    X