Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Cunningham: Who The F--- is Adames? Ask Him How Sparring Lubin Went!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kevin Cunningham: Who The F--- is Adames? Ask Him How Sparring Lubin Went!

Earlier this week, a story on BoxingScene.com ran in which WBC interim middleweight champion Carlos "El Caballo Bronco" Adames responded to a call out from former title challenger Erickson "Hammer" Lubin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why would anyone ask how sparring went? It doesn't count. One fighter could be training for a fight coming up and the other not. Sparring is inconclusive to a real fight. And that has nothing to do with a fighter's trajectory to a championship fight. If they fight, great, if they don't, not the end of the world.

Comment

Sparring was brought up because bob santos (Carlos trainer) brought it up first, saying jhanibek alimkhluny (160 inyerim champ i believe)got "beat up" in sparring, when trying to say how Carlos is such a beast. So it was to was to teach a lesson. Also adames was on that slow to get tested list (wbc/vada/peds)so i have questions about the "power" they brag about. Both Adams's and Santos come off as classless for their actions(bragging/possible doping)

Comment

It was a stupid thing for adames to say though lol like man fight who you can and stay active. Like he's some big name or something. Cunningham nailed it saying nobody but hard-core fans know him

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Why would anyone ask how sparring went? It doesn't count. One fighter could be training for a fight coming up and the other not. Sparring is inconclusive to a real fight. And that has nothing to do with a fighter's trajectory to a championship fight. If they fight, great, if they don't, not the end of the world.
          Styles makes sparring

JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post
            It was a stupid thing for adames to say though lol like man fight who you can and stay active. Like he's some big name or something. Cunningham nailed it saying nobody but hard-core fans know him
            Facts. This would be a great fight. You gotta hand that respect to Lubin for wanting this scrap.

Comment

Adames don’t won’t that work from Erickson Lubin

Comment

Get in what line? There’s no marquee names calling him out and he’s only got one name on his entire resume and that is Julian Williams.- Kevin Cunningham

My exact sentiments when I read Adames' comments! Make It Happen, and it should be for the WBC MW title! Time for WBC to strip Jermall ASAP!!!
                Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

There's no line to fight Adames, I don't know why he would even say that. At the same time, I find it pretty silly that some boxers always bring up sparring sessions when in reality it's supposed to be that space where you can fail because you're trying different things or refining your craft.

Comment

Adames said Lubin's moment will come and they will fight in the last article, but that doesn't mean he is going to change his title fight trajectory which he is owed.

Comment

Working...
                    X