Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Kelly vs. Gabriel Corzo - Full Card Revealed For Newcastle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Kelly vs. Gabriel Corzo - Full Card Revealed For Newcastle

The full card for Wasserman Boxing's July 15 event in Newcastle, can now be revealed. Josh Kelly faces off against Argentina's Gabriel Corzo in the headline fight of the scheduled show, delivered in association with William Hill, and staged at the Vertu Motors Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why is Troy Williamson fighting a journeyman? Terrible from Wasserman and DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post
      Why is Troy Williamson fighting a journeyman? Terrible from Wasserman and DAZN.
      To be fair he’s what 7th down the card? If it was the co-main sure. Robinson-Ignatius should be a fun scrap and there’s a British title fight on the undercard. For the state of UK cards at the minute this one isn’t awful.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

To be fair he’s what 7th down the card? If it was the co-main sure. Robinson-Ignatius should be a fun scrap and there’s a British title fight on the undercard. For the state of UK cards at the minute this one isn’t awful.
        I don't understand what Williamson is going to gain though by fighting a guy he's levels above. Someone like Mason Cartwright would be a suitable comeback opponent after the loss to Kelly.

Agreed about the state of most UK cards at the minute, they really are poor.

Robinson has no business fighting on tv, he's useless.

Comment

I don't understand what Williamson is going to gain though by fighting a guy he's levels above. Someone like Mason Cartwright would be a suitable comeback opponent after the loss to Kelly.

Agreed about the state of most UK cards at the minute, they really are poor.

Robinson has no business fighting on tv, he's useless.
          Already fought and beat him albeit narrowly. Totally get your point, if not Cartwright it should be that level of opposition but also worth remembering that if it was I doubt we'd be getting Kelly, Dillon-Ashfaq and Williamson in a good fight. It shouldn't be too much to ask for, but in the circumstances it's not likely.

Robinson is poor, but Ignatius isn't much better. Interesting scrap at least and the winner probably gets fed to Matty Harris. On an unrelated UK-heavys note, I think I might just be a bit of a traditionalist because I see Sky trying to hype up this Jeamie TKV bloke and I could never take anyone seriously with a name like that.
          Casual Riot Casual Riot likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post

Already fought and beat him albeit narrowly. Totally get your point, if not Cartwright it should be that level of opposition but also worth remembering that if it was I doubt we'd be getting Kelly, Dillon-Ashfaq and Williamson in a good fight. It shouldn't be too much to ask for, but in the circumstances it's not likely.

Robinson is poor, but Ignatius isn't much better. Interesting scrap at least and the winner probably gets fed to Matty Harris. On an unrelated UK-heavys note, I think I might just be a bit of a traditionalist because I see Sky trying to hype up this Jeamie TKV bloke and I could never take anyone seriously with a name like that.
            Definitely with you on the TKV nonsense, for me it’s the hurt business and fighters get known by being fighters. ‘Benzo’ Whittaker is another, he’s got great skills and movement but his fake persona makes me cringe.

Comment

Definitely with you on the TKV nonsense, for me it’s the hurt business and fighters get known by being fighters. ‘Benzo’ Whittaker is another, he’s got great skills and movement but his fake persona makes me cringe.
              I suppose it's more the fact that his Boxrec etc is actually Jeamie TKV which is just embarrassing as you say - at least Whittaker is 'Ben Whittaker'. I think Whittaker is pretty marmite and can see the cringe, can't say I really dislike him personally but I guess it'd be funny if it turns out one of the cans Boxxer have laid out for him can actually land a glove on him.
              Last edited by BrilliantAJ; 07-04-2023, 03:29 PM.

Comment

anyone know why this isn't on C5?
                usually give my nan the heads up and she'll have a watch

thought kelly would be stepping up not down for this fight tho
                only interested in the heavyweights

Comment

F*** Kalle Sauerland. Utter clown.

Comment

Working...
                  X