Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stanionis: I Like The Underdog Role, That Mentality; I Don't Know Any Other Feeling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stanionis: I Like The Underdog Role, That Mentality; I Don't Know Any Other Feeling

By Jake Donovan - Making his way to the ring for this fight has always been the priority for Eimantas Stanionis. Where that ring is located and whose fans arrive for the event were--and never are--a concern. The three-month delay to proceed with his mandatory title defense versus Vergil Ortiz Jr. resulted in a change of hosting city but Stanionis still travels to his opponent's home state. The pair of all-action and unbeaten welterweights will meet
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would be dope if Stanionis caused the upset

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post
      He’s actually a really good fighter but Vergil is gonna put a beatdown on him

Comment

Originally posted by tkoboxingscene View Post
        Why exactly would that be "dope" stanonis will never be a star win or lose. So why would it be "dope" If he upsets a guy who has a lot more star potential and can go on to make big fights with other future stars like Ennis, Spence etc.

Don't get me wrong stanonis is no joke and and live dog here but I don't see how him winning would benefit the sport. The sport wins by having certain guys succeed it's the way it always Been.

Comment

I had Virgil Ortiz in this fight.
          Now news of Ortiz having long COVID related health condition prior,
          and question is: will he be the same Ortiz?

Comment

Stanionis has one of the best jabs in the division. this is a fantastic fight. Expecting Vergil to come out on top in a war and stop Stanionis late if he's legit, like i think he is..

Comment

This one likely goes to the cards and no way Stanionis wins unless he does a Bivol against Canelo - and thats not happening

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post

Why exactly would that be "dope" stanonis will never be a star win or lose. So why would it be "dope" If he upsets a guy who has a lot more star potential and can go on to make big fights with other future stars like Ennis, Spence etc.

Don't get me wrong stanonis is no joke and and live dog here but I don't see how him winning would benefit the sport. The sport wins by having certain guys succeed it's the way it always Been.
                correction. The business of boxing wins if certain guys succeed. The sporting side of boxing doesn't win and it actually turns off a good few fans when there are continual scorecard travesties.

Ortiz wins this even if he clearly loses 7 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

correction. The business of boxing wins if certain guys succeed. The sporting side of boxing doesn't win and it actually turns off a good few fans when there are continual scorecard travesties.

Ortiz wins this even if he clearly loses 7 rounds.
                  right on. why do people think someone like Stanionis fights someone like Butaev for a world title. both 13 and 14 and 0 with zero names. So as someone with clout like VO gets a gift. Love the sport hate the business.

Comment

No matter what the odds-makers say, this is a 50-50 fight! Waiting to see how Ortiz Jr. looks at the weigh-in???

Comment

Working...
                    X