Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson on Charles Martin: I Would've Stopped Him If I Could Have

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson on Charles Martin: I Would've Stopped Him If I Could Have

Media pundits, diehards, and Jared Anderson's fans had their own assumptions as to how his showdown against Charles Martin would play out. Yet, well before the opening bell officially rang, the 23-year-old knew he was in for a long and arduous night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Anderson has shown me something here. Not every win is pretty. Sometimes you need to find a way to win ugly. I thought he would stop Martin, but it became obvious as the fight wore on that Anderson was grinding out a victory against an opponent that was keeping him honest. It was not a pretty win, but it was a very important one. Anderson, and every KO artist not named Artur Beterbiev, has to come to grips they are not KO-ing everyone. They have to fight to win on the cards. Big, big win for Anderson.

Comment

Watched this fight on repeat yesterday and it definitely doesn’t look like Anderson is going to be taking over the heavyweight division like some have predicted!

Monty Fisto Monty Fisto Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

Anderson need to fight and test himself with some of the experienced fighters like Luiz Ortiz. Fighting bums wouldn't help his course.
        Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
          Anderson has shown me something here. Not every win is pretty. Sometimes you need to find a way to win ugly. I thought he would stop Martin, but it became obvious as the fight wore on that Anderson was grinding out a victory against an opponent that was keeping him honest. It was not a pretty win, but it was a very important one. Anderson, and every KO artist not named Artur Beterbiev, has to come to grips they are not KO-ing everyone. They have to fight to win on the cards. Big, big win for Anderson.
          Exactly, great development win for Jared Anderson and Charles Martin made him earn it. Maybe a fight against Joseph Parker or Robert Helinus type opponent next?
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

He needs more fights like these in order to develop.

Mixing in some easier ones in between is fine too. In my opinion that combination of easy and hard is necessary, along with staying active.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Charles Martin walked inside the ring like a God in this fight. If he really pushed for it when he had Anderson badly hurt, as well as in the following round, Nash believes he would have stopped him. Still time for Martin to conquer the world again yet, and reclaim his P4P number 1 spot. Nash out

Comment

Joshua dropped Martin with the first right hand. Jared is no KO artist and he doesn't have the size to dominate fighters with his physique. His road is hard in the modern superheavyweight era. He does have skills that many don't possess and a will to win. We will see how getting hurt by a bum like Martin changes him down the road. In any way it is fun to see a guy who's biggest asset is not is size or reach. Or punching power.

Comment

I'd like him to take on Frank Sanchez next. I think that would be a real nice test for him.

Comment

Anderson isn't good enough

Comment

Working...
                    X