Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis Set For Return, Will Face John McCallum in July 21 McGregor-Robles Card In Edinburgh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis Set For Return, Will Face John McCallum in July 21 McGregor-Robles Card In Edinburgh

Mairis Briedis has a set fight date and opponent for the first stop on his comeback trail. The former three-time cruiserweight titlist and one-time lineal champ will hit the road to face Scotland's John McCallum. Their bout will land on the already announced Lee McGregor-Erik Robles card July 21 on UK's Channel 5 from the Meadowbrook Sports Centre in capital city Edinburgh, Scotland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jesus Christ that is a terrible fight. I mean that shouldn't even be sanctioned to be honest. I wasn't expecting much for a McGregor undercard either way but that is appalling.
    edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantAJ View Post
      Jesus Christ that is a terrible fight. I mean that shouldn't even be sanctioned to be honest. I wasn't expecting much for a McGregor undercard either way but that is appalling.
      Awful. Truly awful. McCallum is essentially a pumped up super middleweight who’s area level at best.

Get that clown Kalle out the sport.

Comment

I'm all for Briedis taking on a bit of a soft touch but wtf is this insanity?

I think the sport is dangerous enough as it is without grotesque mismatches of this nature.

Comment

I remember after losing to Usyk, Breidis fought another extremely overmatched opponent in Frenchman Brandon "La Bombardier Gitan" DesLauriers.

DesLauriers wasn't anywhere near the Latvian's level but he survived the full ten. Breidis essentially treated it like a sparring session. The difference is that DesLauriers has never been KO'd in his five losses. I doubt McCallum sees the final round. Hopefully Breidis takes it easy on him.

Comment

What a absolute mismatch. Fights like this are dangerous. A guy who's barely area level has zero knockout wins who's only ever beat journeyman who was stopped by a ex football player two weights below has no business stepping in there with a 3x and former lineal champion at cruiserweight. How are fights like this being sanctioned

Comment

Weird, I get Briedis needs a fight to shake off the rust but...

Comment

The BBBofC need to get involved here & stop this fight!

Comment

Working...
                X