Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin On Carlos Adames: "I Don't Feel Like He's The Boogeyman"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin On Carlos Adames: "I Don't Feel Like He's The Boogeyman"

The middleweight division has always been a glamor spot in the sport of boxing. Some of the games best built their name and fame there, including Marvin Hagler, Bernard Hopkins, and most recently, Gennadiy Golovkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't know what these articles are for. These guys have completed their one fight obligation for this year.
    What is there to talk about? If they can't even take stay-busy fights, what's the point? Write them next year is all I'm saying.
    I'm not interested for now.

Comment

Adames may be too physically strong for Lubin the way I see it.
      Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Adames may be too physically strong for Lubin the way I see it.
        Adames got schooled in the first half of the fight by Williams until JRock ran out of gas, which is typical of him.
        Lubin is equally skillful technically, if not better, and he's got better staying power.

Comment

I'd love to see Lubin vs Adames, if it can be made last quarter of this year, but I doubt it.

Comment

Erickson Lubin has good solid skills and probably would be a champion however, he just has bad luck due to when he was born and what he has to face for competiion during this season in life, very simular to what Oba Carr had to deal with when faced with Trinidad, De la Hoya & Ike Quartey losing to the champions only but beats everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post

Adames got schooled in the first half of the fight by Williams until JRock ran out of gas, which is typical of him.
              Lubin is equally skillful technically, if not better, and he's got better staying power.
              I love these kind of arguments. It's like when a fan says he would have won if he didn't get ktfo. Now, let that sink in. What good is it if you lose in the end?
              Last edited by illpapi; 07-03-2023, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rick.gen View Post

Put down the crack pipe, Adames was ahead on all 3 scorecards halfway through the fight. Schooling a fighter means winning 5 of the first 6 rounds or 6 out of the first 6 rounds and even after 3 rounds it was 3-1 in favor of Adames. Just say no to drugs.
                Last edited by richardt; 07-03-2023, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post

I love these kind of arguments. It's like when a fan says he would have won if he didn't get ktfo. Now, let that sink in. What good is it if you lose in the end?
                  Totally agree - on top of that, for Williams to have "schooled" Adames in the first half he would have had to win 5 of the first 6 rounds or all the first 6 rounds when it is Adames who was well ahead 4 rounds to 2 after 6 rounds! Even after 3 rounds Williams had only won 1 round! Yeah, real schooling, lol. The sht people make up.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-03-2023, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Put down the crack pipe, Adames was ahead on all 3 scorecards halfway through the fight. Schooling a fighter means winning 5 of the first 6 rounds or 6 out of the first 6 rounds. Just say no to drugs.
                    What I was saying was this Adames fella is not a monster like he and his fans see him as.
                    He gassed in the second half, but Williams was unable to capitalize it because he's in his typical element of falling asleep as rounds pass.
                    Guys like Lubin would make this guy look average was all I'm saying.
                    Last edited by rickJen; 07-03-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X