Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Boxing Commentators Andre Ward, Max Kellerman Depart From ESPN Roles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Boxing Commentators Andre Ward, Max Kellerman Depart From ESPN Roles

ESPN's coverage of boxing will have a different look moving forward. On Friday, as part of a series of dramatic cost-saving cuts, Max Kellerman was among the nearly 20 on-air talent to be laid off from the Disney-owned company.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The rest of the commentating crew needs to go as well. I'd take Crystina Poncher and Chris Algieri combination instead. Timothy Bradley is a clown and insufferable. Start with him.

Comment

Max kellerman and Andre ward will go to DAZN, DAZN have trash commentary

Comment

well that was unexpected...
        bring back Al Michaels and Sean O'Grady!

Comment

Say what you will but I think Tim Bradley is the only listenable commentator there. Maybe a little brash for the timid but he knows more than anyone on that board.
          I will not read the haters stuff here and that's expected. It overflows. Tired and seeing Tim slammed.

Comment

Thank god Andre Ward is finally gone. He will not be missed. I’ve had it with his biased commentary. He only sees things 1 certain fighter does. That clown had Lomachenko vs Lopez a draw lmao when Loma didn’t do anything the first 7 rounds. And then he was whining because Teofimo SR was cursing in the corner while giving instructions. Thank god this clown is done

Comment

Fvkcing glad Andre ward is gone. He was worse than tim

Comment

Not surprised Ward was laid off. His analysis left a lot to be desired. Max making 5M, sheesh, for what? Timmy is the best boxing analyst ESPN has by far.

Comment

Ward was boring in the commentator seat so no biggy for me. Hopefully Bernardo Osuna replaces Joe Tessitore.

Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

The thing that drives me nuts about fans is that they act like Tim Bradley and Andre Ward are supposed to be unbiased in their commentary.

They're not. ESPN tells them what position to take for the sake of banter while they call the fight.

This is how ESPN operates - ESPN commentary is extremely biased by design.

Whoever replaces Ward will be the same way.

As for Andre being let go - no loss IMO. He reminded me of Lennox Lewis in some ways... Ward was more eloquent but he didn't really have a lot to say.
                    Last edited by paulf; 07-02-2023, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X