Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: I Did The Best I Could, Jared Anderson Will Make His Way To The Top

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: I Did The Best I Could, Jared Anderson Will Make His Way To The Top

Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio - In a crossroads heavyweight fight, Jared Anderson (15-0, 14 KOs) was tested like he's never been in the past, as the rising contender had to overcome getting hurt and was taken the distance for the first time in his career to decision former IBF world champion Charles Martin (29-4-1, 26 KOs) over ten rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I respect the hell out of Martin for the praise he gave Anderson. That’s really cool.
    crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

OG showed the YG a thing or two! Jared had to get in his bag for that one! Didn't know he could switch to Southpaw! Jared needs about 2 more fights like that, to get prepared for the Top 10. He should seek out Efe Ajagba, or Joseph Parker!

Comment

I thought Anderson competed just fine: Especially after being buzzed several times by the experienced veteran Charles Martin.

Comment

Anderson vs frank Sanchez I wanna see it
          crimsonfalcon07 crimsonfalcon07 likes this.

Comment

Martin was a durable foe. Props to him.

Anderson struggled to cut the ring. He needs work.

Comment

Martin got slagged early in his career for winning the title like he did against Glazkov, the "walking the earth like a God" comment and then his performance under the bright lights and big stage of the O2 arena against AJ.

Some of the criticism was deserved but I also think he was viewed as a less capable fighter than he actually was. He never got a marquee win but he did KO Gerald Washington and was the first to stop durable Joey Dawejko. Martin is a big, fairly durable southpaw who can punch very hard. His own complacency cost him against Ortiz and he would have likely beaten Kownacki had he tried to win earlier in that fight.

​​​​​​​No world beater but that tier below a championship level who found himself as the unlikely recipient of a world title.
              MastaBlasta MastaBlasta likes this.

Comment

This was a pretty good fight. Obviously Anderson won and rightfully so but Martin had him one punch away from being KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                  Anderson vs frank Sanchez I wanna see it
                  Barnburner but at this stage of their careers, not likely to happen.
                  LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X