Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shields: I Saw A lot of Weaknesses in Marshall, She Didn't Learn From Last Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shields: I Saw A lot of Weaknesses in Marshall, She Didn't Learn From Last Fight

Savannah Marshall is the new undisputed super middleweight champion of the world and potentially on collision course once again with arch-rival Claressa Shields following a victory over Franchon Crews-Dezurn in Manchester, England tonight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah you saw a lot of weaknesses in Marshall, but Crews-Dezurn didn't.
    You need to be a impartial when giving your assessment on a fight, and give credit where it is due.

Comment

i dont think shields will be losing much sleep about a possible marshall rematch which im sure will happen sooner than later

Comment

Marshall didn't really impress me much in that fight. Saw some bad habits and tendencies throughout and her vaunted power wasn't enough to dissuade Crews-Dezurn from coming in and grappling.

Incredibly ugly fight which didn't showcase the best of women's boxing. A lot of that was the fault of Franchon but Marshall didn't help matters either.

As for Shields, I imagine she's both disappointed that her friend lost and disappointed that Marshall didn't do anything to make anyone think a rematch would be any different than the first fight.

On a side note, I read that Claressa agreed to go on a date with Sunny Edwards if the UK flyweight defeats Bam Rodriguez (whom Shields backs to win). That would be a helluva visual.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
          i dont think shields will be losing much sleep about a possible marshall rematch which im sure will happen sooner than later
          Shields won't lose any sleep over Marshall,
          because Green will put Marshall to sleep first.
          Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Watched green fight nothing special

Comment

Pillow Fists is correct. However, she shouldn’t talk because she hasn’t learned anything since turning pro either. Pillow Fists, can’t crack Jell-O, and has many flaws herself.

Comment

Pillow Fists hasn’t stopped 1 opponent in 6 years. Pillow Fist rematch v Marshall makes no sense. Both are regressing and both need a trainer who can’t correct their flaws. I think John David has tried but, Pillow Fist, ain’t listening.

Comment

Did she cut off her weave?

Comment

Originally posted by Phase III View Post
                    Pillow Fists hasn’t stopped 1 opponent in 6 years. Pillow Fist rematch v Marshall makes no sense. Both are regressing and both need a trainer who can’t correct their flaws. I think John David has tried but, Pillow Fist, ain’t listening.
                    You make good points about Shields’ lack of power but you gotta admit Marshall rivals Mikaela Mayer when it comes to living in denial and self-delusion. Neither of them can accept they lost fights they clearly lost and both seem to feel that if they keep pretending as though they hadn’t lost and keep acting as if they are A-side fighters, the whole world will somehow magically forget that they did lose and they aren’t A-side fighters. They remind me of Ben Shalom, who keeps trying to present himself as a prime-time promoter when he’s really a small fish compared to the real heavy hitters like Hearn, Warren, PBC,Top Rank and Oscar.
                    One last thing: It’s time for Crews-Derzun to accept her 15 minutes of boxing fame is up and use the cash-out purse for going to the UK to fight Marshall on her other pursuits. Not to be mean, but she looked like she spent the months before the fight practicing her national anthem rendition than actually training. She did not look in prime shape at all.
                    Last edited by Roj; 07-02-2023, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X