Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arslanbek Makhmudov Blasts Out Raphael Akpejiori in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arslanbek Makhmudov Blasts Out Raphael Akpejiori in Two Rounds

Arslanbek Makhmudov wasted little time to make an impression in his U.S. debut. The 34-year-old heavyweight scored three knockdowns in a second-round knockout of Raphael Akpejiori. Makhmudov floored his fellow unbeaten heavyweight twice in the opening round and then for a final time to force the stoppage at 1:43 of round two in their ESPN-televised co-feature Saturday from Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-01-2023, 09:22 PM.

dude looks like if beterbiev and canelo had a steroid baby

Comment

Not sure about Makhmudov. Strong, but very crude and predictable. Akpejiori no test. Good athlete, but not an experienced fighter. Like to see Makhmudov step up.

Comment

Makhmudov is the HW they're all pretending doesnt exist tbh. Jalolov is interesting too, i think he's a lou dibella fighter. it'll be interesting to see where these guys go.
        however wbc rankings will always have dominic brezeale and charles martin ahead of these kind of guys.

Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Mahkmudov isn’t really learning on the job , I gave him a pass with Takam who’s short and knows how to counter punch and ride shots but rough housing guys isn’t the way to go it’ll bite him somewhere else when he’s got to box cleanly with better fighters .

He’s a great marketing fighter though but from what I’m watching and vids I see he’s got to change up his camp now ,others will pick this guy apart if he fights like this all the time which seems to be almost always., tonight was a step back actually even if he impressed us here that’s because casual fans don’t k ow boxing ,he needs to have someone grab him aside and actually teach him how to fight behind a jab .

That being said he did everything I said he would .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-01-2023, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
            dude looks like if beterbiev and canelo had a steroid baby
            With some DNA injected into them from the caveman/missing link era.
            WillieWild114 WillieWild114 likes this.

Comment

That ref was having a fit over the excessive clinching.

Comment

Arslanbek the Lion is a Beast!

Forced Akpejiori into a brawl.

Arslanbek vs Jared Anderson. Make it happen.
                JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Missed the fight as I thought it would part of ESPN's main card. Still not sold on Makhmudov.

Comment

Makhmudov -Ajagba next please.

Comment

Working...
                    X