Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Makhmudov: This Is A Big Opportunity To Show I'm Ready For The Best Guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Makhmudov: This Is A Big Opportunity To Show I'm Ready For The Best Guys

This was an opportunity sought just a few months ago by Arslanbek Makhmudov. Original plans for his previous outing called for the Montreal-based Russian contender to face Raphael Akpejiori in a December 16 meeting between unbeaten rising heavyweights. The fight fell through one month prior to the show date but was worth revisiting when it came time for Makhmudov's U.S. and ESPN-televised debut.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    This was an opportunity sought just a few months ago by Arslanbek Makhmudov. Original plans for his previous outing called for the Montreal-based Russian contender to face Raphael Akpejiori in a December 16 meeting between unbeaten rising heavyweights. The fight fell through one month prior to the show date but was worth revisiting when it came time for Makhmudov's U.S. and ESPN-televised debut.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Akperjioli (15-0, 14KOs), a 6’8” Nigerian prospect based in Miami who is one of the few heavyweights with a size advantage over the 6’5½” Makhmudov.​ At least in height. He does. Not in weight, neck size, chest etc...

Big props for big Mak. He is fighting another undefeated heavyweight who has a knock out record almost as good him.

Comment

the big baby would be like cannon fodder vs makhmudov

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

Akperjioli (15-0, 14KOs), a 6’8” Nigerian prospect based in Miami who is one of the few heavyweights with a size advantage over the 6’5½” Makhmudov.​ At least in height. He does. Not in weight, neck size, chest etc...

Big props for big Mak. He is fighting another undefeated heavyweight who has a knock out record almost as good him.
        15-0 against who? This is a huge step backwards from Wach & Takam. Big Mak needs to make his move soon.

Comment

Should have put Mak against Anderson top of the bill, Martin was never any good & is now 37 & falls asleep standing up these days.
          Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post

15-0 against who? This is a huge step backwards from Wach & Takam. Big Mak needs to make his move soon.
            Lol Wach and Takam are washed up has been fighters. But this guy he is fighting now just has a cute record fighting nobodies.

Comment

I don't expect much from the Nigerian, the gaudy record with a heavy KO percentage looks great on the surface until you see the opponents he faced.

That being said, he's a big fellow and maybe he does have some real power. Makhmudov didn't look like a juggernaut against a very shopworn Takam, thought the French fighter landed his fair share of punches and the fight was closer than the judges scored it.

My guess is the fight doesn't go past 3-4 rounds.
              Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post

Hopefully Makhmudov ( if he beats this Nigerian) fights Jared Anderson or Ajagba next.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  I don't expect much from the Nigerian, the gaudy record with a heavy KO percentage looks great on the surface until you see the opponents he faced.

That being said, he's a big fellow and maybe he does have some real power. Makhmudov didn't look like a juggernaut against a very shopworn Takam, thought the French fighter landed his fair share of punches and the fight was closer than the judges scored it.

My guess is the fight doesn't go past 3-4 rounds.
                  Makhmudov is fighting a big, undefeated heavyweight in his prime. This guy is an athlete who played college football. A 15 - 0 he is one of the few undefeated heavyweights with 15 wins or more. Ie, Big Mak is taking some risk here. Like I said his opponent is in his prime, in shape, and has a doctorate degree.

Anderson if fights a guy who will be, or has been ordered to stay down.

Makmudov has shown a good, but not great chin when hit in the amateurs or pro's and rare power. Takam for his part is a solid test and he had him down in rounds 1 and 7.

Anyway here Raphael Akpejiori is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlhhBoIZvs
                  Last edited by Dr. Z; 07-01-2023, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Mahkmudov should end this rather quickly rounds 1 to 5 if he’s where he should be . Decent fight but this guy is custom made for Mahkmudov to knock into next year ,tall stiff , out of sync punching and doesn’t hit like a real heavyweight as far as I can see ? All his fights have been against small guys and he looks like he was never taught to throw power punches right …..this is a mismatch at least on paper . If Mahkmudov can’t beat this guy he’s done .

Comment

Working...
                    X