Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Franco Decides To Retire: Last Night in Tokyo Was Officially My Last Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Franco Decides To Retire: Last Night in Tokyo Was Officially My Last Fight

This past Saturday night, Kazuto Ioka claimed the WBA super flyweight title with a unanimous decision over Joshua Franco in their rematch at Tokyo's Ota City General Gymnasium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Felt like he had a lot left in the tank but if the fire isn’t there anymore then he’s made the right call.

Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

Agree. Its a hard call, but always better to get off the rollercoaster one fight too early & enjoy the rest of your life instead of one fight too late & suffer the consequences for the rest of your life.

Comment

My guess it that if past decisions on retirement are any indication on the future we will see him again just not too fast is all. But if not damn so many Draws and close fights and just a hell of a resume to look thru for a fighter in any division. Whatever direction he goes in it will pan out........

Comment

I don't remember the stars from yesteryear crying about mental health this much. This generation is weak AF. If someone is seriously having problems like McCall that's one thing, but it's like these guys now a days have an argument with their girl and don't fight again for 2 years, or don't get enough IG likes so they take a year off.

Comment

First time I remember watching Franco fight was the Negrete trilogy. He was in some entertaining scraps over the years, if this is the end then he had a very nice career. Good luck with the next chapter Champ!

Comment

I don't think a lot of people understand. Training is, physically, tough & demanding but doing it on your own makes it much tougher. Iff you are, say, a footballer or a cricketer & surrounded by your team mates that helps a lot. I don't agree that boxers are mentally weak these days. Yes, you could say that guys like Marciano, Frazier or Ali trained hard & got on with it, but guys like Marciano, Frazier or Ali weren't being liked/disliked friended/defriended every single minute on social media. That does take a toll on a man,
              JOITATS JOITATS likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post
                I don't remember the stars from yesteryear crying about mental health this much. This generation is weak AF. If someone is seriously having problems like McCall that's one thing, but it's like these guys now a days have an argument with their girl and don't fight again for 2 years, or don't get enough IG likes so they take a year off.
                it sounds harsh but it’s true.

Sugar Ray Leonard was sexually abused by a youth boxing coach. Still overcame that to go on and have a legendary career.

Comment

Plus, I suspect that the ever-increasing use of PEDs has its say in many of these mental health abrupt shifts.

Speaking of McCall, ironically he kept fighting in spite of clear issues. He had drug problems as well, he was a crack addict at one point. Was arrested several times for drug possession.

Comment

The past fighter didn't live the Social Media life.

Comment

Working...
                    X