Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Martinez Breaks Down, Stops Jade Bornea in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Martinez Breaks Down, Stops Jade Bornea in Eleventh

Fernando Martinez knocked off another Filipino southpaw to retain his IBF junior bantamweight title Saturday night. The unbeaten Argentinean adjusted to Jade Bornea's aggression early in their 12-round, 115-pound championship match, resumed his customary role as the aggressor, consistently landed the harder punches and eventually stopped his
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-24-2023, 09:12 PM.

that was a nasty cut, don't understand why bornea was allowed to fight for two more rounds after it

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      that was a nasty cut, don't understand why bornea was allowed to fight for two more rounds after it
      You'd think an ear explosion would be a good enough reason to stop the fight.
      Dean_Razorback Dean_Razorback likes this.

Comment

This nasty cut reminds me of the Sebastian Andres Lujan-Antonio Margarito fight

Comment

Originally posted by KING S.O.G View Post
          This nasty cut reminds me of the Sebastian Andres Lujan-Antonio Margarito fight
          i think i remember that one, his ear was like hanging, right? lol
          KING S.O.G KING S.O.G likes this.

Comment

That was a nasty split ear, very surprised the doctor was fine letting it continue.

Bornea's power definitely affected the Argentinian fighter a few times but Martinez brings a lot of physicality with his pace, aggression and tactics. Bornea's face was getting busted up from the punches, headbutts and whatever else that made contact as a result of the whirling style of Martinez.

Comment

Not enough is being made of this guys ear bursting open like a giant pimple.

Comment

If Martinez is interested in seeing what it is like to commit suicide, fight Nakatani. Martinez would walk right into a fight ending KO punch.

Comment

Working...
                X