Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson To Face Charles Martin On July 1; Visa Issue Knocks Kossobutskiy Out Of Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jared Anderson To Face Charles Martin On July 1; Visa Issue Knocks Kossobutskiy Out Of Fight

Jared Anderson will still face a powerful southpaw July 1, just one more accomplished and known to American boxing fans. BoxingScene.com has learned that former IBF heavyweight champion Charles Martin has replaced Zhan Kossobutskiy as Anderson's opponent in a 10-round main event ESPN will televise a week from Saturday night from Huntington Center
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh damn. Maybe not a better opponent, but def one with more name value.

Comment

Martin is a live dog in this one. He sucks but he can crack.

Comment

I thought Martin was up against it vs 4-0 prospect Hovanneysian, a fight I was looking forward to. He's not going to stick around waiting to possible lose in that one, might as well fight Anderson on ESPN.

And with how Anderson has looked vs recent southpaws, maybe Martin can find something.
        Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-20-2023, 07:33 PM.

Comment

My only criticism is that Jared defense is sloppy at times, but he still show the most promise since Mike Tyson in 84. The thing I like about Jared is that he appears to be hungry and a gym rat and that's what it takes to be great! I will be ringside like I was when MIke took my team mate Jeff Thompson off his feet in the PAL Nationals in Niagra Falls, NY in 84.
          _Rexy_ _Rexy_ paulf paulf like this.

Comment

A step up replacement at least in name ID much more excited for this match up than the original opponent
            Scooby817 Scooby817 likes this.

Comment

I prefer that.

I absolutely love Charles Martin. The man took that money he made from the Joshua fight and put everything into being the best version of himself. He's looked good in every fight since. Wish him the best.
              MastaBlasta MastaBlasta likes this.

Comment

Finally a step up for Jared

Comment

I never understood why these irresponsible boxers never fix their visa issues beforehand and throw away big fights

Comment

Say what you like about Charles Martin, but the man knows how to keep a gate.
                    paulf paulf LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X