Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Chose Zorrilla Because We Felt He Would Come To Fight; Very Disappointing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: We Chose Zorrilla Because We Felt He Would Come To Fight; Very Disappointing

The team at Matchroom Boxing expected a less drastic transition in the change of opponents for Regis Prograis. Danielito Zorrilla was dialed up relatively quickly after Australia's Liam Paro suffered an injury and was forced to withdraw from a scheduled title challenge versus Prograis. Even on four weeks' notice--which meant a three-week training camp plus fight weeks--it was believed that Zorrilla would provide a stiff and entertaining challenge.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn is a fvkcing dumbass

Comment

Prograis has some responsibility to that mess of a fight by not cutting off the ring aggressively

Comment

Zorrilla had a good fight plan. It made for a boring fight, but sticking to his game plan had him winning the fight according to one judge's scorecard! This was in Regis's backyard and with less than 4 weeks of preparation. What Hearn wanted was a fighter who would be easily KO'd by Regis, so he could look good. The fight didn't play out to his liking. Kudos to Zorrilla. He proved he's a good fighter and Regis Prograis is not as dominant at 140 as he thinks he is.

Comment

This is what happens when promotors and managers pick and choose too much. What a fighter has to do is say, "if anyone is at or near my weight, I wanna fight them", and stick to that. That way, there's no concern about fighting the right style. Fight every one, and find a way to beat them. Zorrilla has a very dangerous right hand, but instead of coming out and being aggressive, he tried to sit back and let Prograis get overly aggressive and let him run into the right that way. Prograis, who is no dummy, knew this, so it changed the fight to a tactical one. When Boots fought Karen, he basically had to chase and catch a rabbit. Fighting against these type of styles can only make a fighter even better.
          TheIronMike TheIronMike likes this.

Comment

He does have a point they guy did not want to take the title it was boring and he never get another opportunity on TV

Comment

I dont think Zorrilla had a good fight plan at all. I got the sense that he could take Regis out if he had started bombing away. Regis didnt seem to have the ability to hurt him. I dont know why he didnt go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                I dont think Zorrilla had a good fight plan at all. I got the sense that he could take Regis out if he had started bombing away. Regis didnt seem to have the ability to hurt him. I dont know why he didnt go for it.
                To be fair, he went for it several times. He just waited until the final ten seconds of every round, which wasn’t enough time to apply real pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by armindo54 View Post
                  Zorrilla had a good fight plan. It made for a boring fight, but sticking to his game plan had him winning the fight according to one judge's scorecard! This was in Regis's backyard and with less than 4 weeks of preparation. What Hearn wanted was a fighter who would be easily KO'd by Regis, so he could look good. The fight didn't play out to his liking. Kudos to Zorrilla. He proved he's a good fighter and Regis Prograis is not as dominant at 140 as he thinks he is.
                  Zorrilla's track meet cost him the fight and any hope that a belt holder, promoter or sanctioning body will ever give him a chance again. Zorrella did pick up one fan, Craig Metcalfe so yeah, Kudos to Zorrilla, he's a survivor.

Comment

Working...
                  X