No announcement yet.

Team Guerrero Claim Golden Boy is Still The Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Guerrero Claim Golden Boy is Still The Promoter

On September 29, 2009, the California Superior Court vacated a December 15, 2008 arbitration award in the proceeding (the "Arbitration") commenced last year by Robert Guerrero against Goossen Tutor Promotions. The Superior Court's decision was not based upon the substantive merits of Guerrero's claims against Goossen-Tutor Promotions, but was based upon the California State Athletic Commission's failure to obtain arbitrator Armando Garcia's signature on the award, which Garcia indicated under oath in July of this year, that he was prepared to sign. [details]

oh boy...this thing is now gonna get ugly...I expect Guerrero to be sidelined for a good minute while they resolve his promotional rights

Comment

nah

there will be a buyout between GT and GBP negotiated

the person in trouble is Finkel who has known to be bringin talent to whatever promoter is in vogue by any means possible

Comment

also of note

Guerreros team is claiming the 5 year deal expired but if it was clicking while in court the court may grant GT the time spent in court and allow them to be lead promoter for that duration

Comment

I don't know what's what, but there needs to be some interesting fights happening at 130. A Guerrero-Martinez fight would be a step in the right direction, but I'd rather see a Guerrero-Soto fight. I don't know if that fight not happening has to do with Arum's mismanagement of Soto or HBO's desire to freeze Soto out because of his non-glossy record and the fact they are more biased toward Golden Boy when it comes to giving TV dates out. I think it's a little of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            nah

there will be a buyout between GT and GBP negotiated

the person in trouble is Finkel who has known to be bringin talent to whatever promoter is in vogue by any means possible

tryin to remember if Finkel was still managing PAC when that whole Top Rank-GBP legal mess occured

Comment

i hope goosen takes him back so i dont have to see guerrero on hbo cards again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                i hope goosen takes him back so i dont have to see guerrero on hbo cards again.
                lol... Co-sign

Comment

Working...
                X