Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Hunter Inks Promotional With Reyes Boxing Ahead of June 24 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Hunter Inks Promotional With Reyes Boxing Ahead of June 24 Return

Reyes Boxing Promotions announced the signing of heavyweight contender Michael "The Bounty" Hunter to an exclusive promotional contract.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Triller lost huge money in boxing & pulled the pin. Hunter got 2 fat checks fighting Wilson & Forrest. Hearn cut ties with him so i’m not sure he had many options other than his new promoter. He a solid HW but lacks marketability. Still got paid more fighting wilson than he would have got fighting Hrgovic.
    Last edited by joe strong; 06-14-2023, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      So Triller lost huge money in boxing & pulled the pin. Hunter got 2 fat checks fighting Wilson & Forrest. Hearn cut ties with him so i’m not sure he had many options other than his new promoter. He a solid HW but lacks marketability. Still got paid more fighting wilson than he would have got fighting Hrgovic.
      Yes, but if he had beaten Hrgovic, he would have been IBF mandatory.

Now he is nowhere, nobody cares.

But I guess he never believed about his chances in Hrgovic fight.

Comment

Hrgovic is still around. That and many fights can still happen. Boxing is a business, too, for the fighters. When the money is there you gotta take it, until you get financially secure. We all like great match-ups, but the boxer better make and stash some money along the way. Can't fault guys who aren't financially secure for chasing the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Yes, but if he had beaten Hrgovic, he would have been IBF mandatory.

Now he is nowhere, nobody cares.

But I guess he never believed about his chances in Hrgovic fight.
          If he lost to Hrgovic he would be a long way from a title shot & was set to make about $250000. He made a lot more in those 2 Triller fights & is not in any worse position. He is ranked by all 4 bodies but I wish he would have taken the Hrgovic fight. He is not a marketable HW so he took the easy money & run. Can you blame him? If he loses to Hrgovic it’s pretty much the end of him. It sucks as a fan but he is still in the mix & it will be interesting to see if his new promoter can get him back in another WBA eliminator after the Hughie fight got cancelled.

Comment

Working...
          X