Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Esquiva Falcao vs. Vincenzo Gualtieri on July 1 For Vacant IBF Middleweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Esquiva Falcao vs. Vincenzo Gualtieri on July 1 For Vacant IBF Middleweight Title

AGON Sports have announced that on Saturday, July 1st we are going to see whether Vincenzo "Il Capo" Gualtieri from Wuppertal or the Brazilian silver medallist of the 2012 Olympic Games, Esquiva Falcao, will succeed Gennadiy Golovkin as middleweight world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

IBF is an absolute joke

Comment

Middle weight division is an absolute joke

Comment

I'm pulling for Falcao in this one.

With a record of 30-0, I'd say he earned it (the title shot, at least).

Comment

Falcao, unlike his washed up brother, is a talented and deserving contender, who probably would have given washed GGG a run for his money. Which makes it unfortunate that fight didn't happen and we have to settle for this. No offense to the German, who I've never seen fight, but the IBF could've done better than this surely??

Comment

Originally posted by Guiltysimpson24 View Post
            Falcao, unlike his washed up brother, is a talented and deserving contender, who probably would have given washed GGG a run for his money. Which makes it unfortunate that fight didn't happen and we have to settle for this. No offense to the German, who I've never seen fight, but the IBF could've done better than this surely??
            Agreed, but don't call me Shirley

Comment

this is whack

Comment

I'm Brazilian and I wanted to have more sympathy for at least one of the Falcão brothers. Around here he even acquired a good level of popularity, for fighting in a ****ty event where our idol Acelino Freitas fought an ******* youtuber. In my view, Falcão was far from facing high-level opponents, his last performances were far from inspiring in the least. And to make matters worse, Top Rank doesn't have much interest in promoting it. Anyway, this is one of the most meaningless title fights of recent years (all respect to the German, but I didn't even know who he was until I read the article).

Comment

Esquiva Falcao is at least pretty good, and ranked #1 with the IBF, while the other guy is #3 with IBF, and #2 is inscrutably vacant. Sanctioning body rankings are a joke though.

Comment

I won't be watching this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X