Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Layoff Had 'Nothing To Do' With Loss To Lopez; Most Likely Moving Up To Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor: Layoff Had 'Nothing To Do' With Loss To Lopez; Most Likely Moving Up To Welterweight

NEW YORK - Josh Taylor handled his first professional defeat with class. The former undisputed 140-pound champion completely credited Teofimo Lopez for his superb performance in their 12-round, 140-pound championship clash Saturday night in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. Taylor didn't use his long layoff or anything else as justification for why Lopez beat him so thoroughly, even though their fight was closer on the scorecards of judges Steve Gray (115-113) and Joe Pasquale (115-113) than it seemed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No excuses, but I was weight drained

Comment

this guy was WEAK.....

Comment

Bit harsh, I think JT has shown class. What do you want him to say? You beat me like a bitc*?

Comment

Catteral taught him a boxing lesson. Dont know how he would keep off any of the top w.w, if he couldnt keep off a a lightweight coming up to 140.

Comment

Welterweight is full of predators, very very murky and dangerous waters that welterweight division

Comment

He will get smoked by bud or Spence I think he will by Ennis and Ortiz jr. Give him Thurman he needs a name and is coming off a long layoff and might be leaving his prime.Other than that this dude is done, Caterall beat him Regis could've been a loss and Lopez boxed laps off him.

Comment

If I'm JT I'd be looking for Thurman or Cody Crowley. Beat either & you are a contender. I don't give JT a great shot v Vergil but it isn't impossible. I Know this sounds crazy but I also give JT a bit of a chance v Crawford. I don't give JT any chance v Spence. Spence is going to be like a juggernaut that rolls straight over Josh. Also, JT don't want to go within a mile of Jaron, for that can't end well for Josh.

Comment

Not sure about Taylors real chances at 47. He got his arse handed to him by a relatively small slw.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
                    If I'm JT I'd be looking for Thurman or Cody Crowley. Beat either & you are a contender. I don't give JT a great shot v Vergil but it isn't impossible. I Know this sounds crazy but I also give JT a bit of a chance v Crawford. I don't give JT any chance v Spence. Spence is going to be like a juggernaut that rolls straight over Josh. Also, JT don't want to go within a mile of Jaron, for that can't end well for Josh.
                    Just so I don't misread...you give JT, who got the shiznit smacked out of him by former 135 lb. Lopez with 2 total 140 lb. fights on fight night, a chance with Crawford, multi level world champ and former undisputed, ranked pound for pound, and who will more than likely be favored over Spence? ZERO % chance but I'll listen if you can tell me how a bit of a chance would occur.?

Comment

Working...
                    X