Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Josh Taylor is Tough, But I Outsmarted and Countered Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Josh Taylor is Tough, But I Outsmarted and Countered Him

Former unified and lineal lightweight king Teofimo Lopez (19-1, 13 KOs) captured the WBO junior welterweight world title with a twelve round unanimous decision win against former undisputed champion Josh Taylor (19-1, 13 KOs) Saturday evening at The Theater at Madison Square Garden.
    [Click Here To Read More]

was a great performance, i thought he would beat taylor but wasnt expecting him to hammer him quite as easy as he did for the last few rounds. them 140lb fighters like taylor, prograis arent really anything special
    Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

I called it. The only thing I didn't predict correctly was I thought Taylor would get stopped. Taylor is tough, but he's not the better boxer. He's even overrated in my opinion. Taylor has a questionable win (against Catterall), he got outworked by Ramirez (if Ramirez didn't go down twice, he would have won), and really didn't separate himself from Prograis (who is also overrated).
      Last edited by Lefty0616; 06-11-2023, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Teo got a big W so congrats, but Taylor looked slow and weak after two rds. Drained or rusty..?

Comment

European fighters and getting embarrassed at Madison square garden in front of a sold out arena: name a more iconic duo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
            I called it. The only thing I didn't predict correctly was I thought Taylor would get stopped. Taylor is tough, but he's not the better boxer. He's even overrated in my opinion. Taylor has a questionable win (against Catterall), he got outworked by Ramirez (if Ramirez didn't go down twice, he would have won), and really didn't separate himself from Prograis (who is also overrated).
            Hats off to you buddy, i got it all wrong on this one. I should have watched the previous fights again looked inside the ring instead of being the fool who started reading copy of quotes and judged the fight on those things.

Comment

I had Taylor wining 3-4 rounds .He was shipping huge punchers and did well to stay on his feet but was totally outclassed , given a boxing lesson and beaten up.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Teo got a big W so congrats, but Taylor looked slow and weak after two rds. Drained or rusty..?
                You say congrats and then say but ? No disrespect but Joshi looked like Joanne in the ring last night. Now you say he was rusty and out of shape or something. Partly maybe but that dont tell the whole story from last night. Josi looked confused, baffled frustrated to mention just a few things. Joshi kept swinging at Ghosts in the ring. He had no accuracy, no power, and worst no second plan. Give Teo credit and then some for his taking control in the ring and MAKING Joshi behave that way. He imposed his wills and skills on Joshi not the other way around. Hey like i said we see it dif is all. I do not like Teo and he may not be a faviorite fighter for many reasons but last night he was about the fight game and showed up. Josh did not show anything other then maybe his WBSS was his peak. Yea i picked Josh but that is on me and how i looked at he wrong things prior to the fight is all......

Comment

Lopez will hopefully stop talking outta his culo

Comment

he ran from catterall with his robbery and got what he deserved, it wasnt a bad night against catterall like he claimed, still sucks for catterall not to have his due tho, josh allowed teo to get that one, crazy teo

Comment

Working...
                    X