Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Shines: Rocks, Decisions Josh Taylor To Capture WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Shines: Rocks, Decisions Josh Taylor To Capture WBO Title

By Keith Idec - Teofimo Lopez redeemed himself Saturday night in the same venue where his career came apart 18 months earlier. The former unified lightweight champion dominated previously unbeaten Josh Taylor and won a 12-round unanimous decision to take the WBO junior welterweight title in a main event ESPN televised from The Theater at Madison Square Garden. Judges Steve Gray (115-113) and Joe Pasquale (115-113) had it closer than the action appeared to warrant, but Benoit Roussel scored nine rounds for Lopez, who won 117-111 on his card.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-10-2023, 11:26 PM.

Undefeated junior welterweight king Josh Taylor (19-0, 13 KOs) will defend his WBO title against former lightweight kingpin Teofimo Lopez (18-1, 13 KOs) at The Theater at Madison Square Garden. (photos by Mikey Williams)

In the eight-round co-feature, Puerto Rican junior middleweight phenom Xander Zayas (15-0, 10 KOs) will take on Ronald “Diablo” Cruz (18-2-1, 12 KOs).

Taylor-Lopez and Zayas-Cruz will be broadcast live on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and ESPN+ at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.

Comment

Teofimo reminds me of Victor Ortiz. Will this be his Andre Berto fight?

Comment

If Teo stays disciplined and uses his superior skill, speed and jab he can win this but if he fights emotional and goes In looking for the KO he will lose.

Comment

Taylor wins. Teo's dad will be mad at Teo.
          eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

WAR Teo !!!!!!, rooting for him but his mental state going into this fight has me very concerned..If I were betting I would lay it on Taylor.

Comment

I am pumped for Teofimo vs Josh Taylor!!! I think Taylor is going to whoop Teofimo...

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                If Teo stays disciplined and uses his superior skill, speed and jab he can win this but if he fights emotional and goes In looking for the KO he will lose.
                He can use a shotgun and he looses it.

Comment

Originally posted by Regge View Post
                  If anything Taylor is a more rounded fighter overall... Only way Teo wins this is by KO ... And the odds for that are pretty slim... I see Lopez disintegrating mentally by mid fight and trading shots with his stupid father in between some rounds...

Comment

teareo by brutal mental breakdown by round 9

Comment

Working...
                    X