Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux Scores One-Punch, 7th Round Knockout of Charlie Clemente-Andino

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux Scores One-Punch, 7th Round Knockout of Charlie Clemente-Andino

Guillermo Rigondeaux turned a glorified sparring session into an extension of his current knockout streak. The legendary former lineal junior featherweight champion put late substitute Charlie Clemente down for the full ten count in a seventh-round knockout victory. A left hand to the midsection sent Clemente to the canvas where he was
    [Click Here To Read More]

I dont know why i like this guy. Every time i hear hes fighting...i get excited. And then the same thing happens. Time slows right down...and i start to question wether i actually watched a fight or not.
    davef davef wrecksracer wrecksracer like this.

Comment

Rigondeaux has always been such a strange fighter to watch. He turns up and fights whatever mood he seems to be in. It's either a really negative performance or he ends up letting his hands go abit more and knocking someone spark out. His left hand has always been wicked it just depends if he wants to throw it lmao
      Last edited by Boxing2695; 06-09-2023, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
        I dont know why i like this guy. Every time i hear hes fighting...i get excited. And then the same thing happens. Time slows right down...and i start to question wether i actually watched a fight or not.
        This is exactly how we all feel when he fights, maybe we’re hoping that he’ll someday actually put on a showing the same way he did when he fought Donaire
        davef davef likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El-Malo- View Post

This is exactly how we all feel when he fights, maybe we’re hoping that he’ll someday actually put on a showing the same way he did when he fought Donaire
          I think at 42 that ship has probably sailed. Shame really the guy got so mismanaged and avoided so badly. Champions didn't wanna fight him because he was high risk low reward and the promoters didn't really want him due to the fact he could stink out the place with certain performances at times. Don't think there's been a more avoided champion than him from the fighting and the business side
          Last edited by Boxing2695; 06-09-2023, 10:36 PM.
          garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

As usual boring el chakal

Comment

Ray Mancini toasted this guy on live TV

Comment

I've always liked Rigo, but quitting against Loma in a fight he wasn't getting beat up will forever be a stain on his career. he was losing every round but just getting outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                  I've always liked Rigo, but quitting against Loma in a fight he wasn't getting beat up will forever be a stain on his career. he was losing every round but just getting outboxed.
                  That was such a weird fight looking back I really expected better from Rigo even with the size difference I feel he just got frustrated and give up

Comment

Working...
                  X