Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Hopes To Be in The World Title Conversation By Mid-2024

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Xander Zayas Hopes To Be in The World Title Conversation By Mid-2024

Junior middleweight contender Xander Zayas will be looking to put another impressive performance when he returns to the ring on June 10. On the eve of the Puerto Rican Day Parade in New York City, Zayas will face Ronald "Diablo'' Cruz at The Theater in Madison Square Garden. The event will be headlined by the junior welterweight clash between Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Being ready by mid 2024 for a title challenge is way ahead of where he is at right now, or probably will be by then.
    He still needs to build his overall skill level by fighting a few more fighters with different styles, especially boxers whom he'd have to figure out.
    At least 5 more fight's before a title challenge at 154, or if he can't maintain his weight at 154, and 7 more fights before challenging for a title at 160.
    Those 5 additional fights would put his record at 20-0, while 7 additional fights would put his record at 22-0, which is a lot more reasonable than 18 fights by mid 2024.
    Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

He needs to rack up more wins, 154 is one of the most stacked divisions at the time and will be even more so in the upcoming years.

unless he moves up which only has Falcao, Janibek and Adames so far. There is a gap in terms of talent/skill between the top 3 and the rest, there are rarely gatekeepers so it would be difficult to prepare for a big fight.
      Last edited by Feroz; 06-05-2023, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
        Being ready by mid 2024 for a title challenge is way ahead of where he is at right now, or probably will be by then.
        He still needs to build his overall skill level by fighting a few more fighters with different styles, especially boxers whom he'd have to figure out.
        At least 5 more fight's before a title challenge at 154, or if he can't maintain his weight at 154, and 7 more fights before challenging for a title at 160.
        Those 5 additional fights would put his record at 20-0, while 7 additional fights would put his record at 22-0, which is a lot more reasonable than 18 fights by mid 2024.
        The problem is going to be getting the fights he needs to develop. Can Top Rank get him fights with guys like Gausha, Lubin, Jesus Ramos, or Fundora? That's what he needs!

Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          The problem is going to be getting the fights he needs to develop. Can Top Rank get him fights with guys like Gausha, Lubin, Jesus Ramos, or Fundora? That's what he needs!
          Top Rank can, and will get him the fights he needs in order to continue to progress his way on up to a title fight.
          Those four fighters that you just mentioned are going to be tough fights for him, but he's going to have to go through some of them.
          I believe he beats Gausha right now, Lubin, Ramos, and Fundora, he's going to need a couple of more fights to prepare him for those fighters.
          He just isn't ready for those seasoned professional's just yet, like I said in another 3 fights Lubin, 4 fights Ramos, 5 fights Fundora.
          Then he'll be ready for a title fight, but if he can't beat those fighters in around the number of fights specified, then he's not the fighter that they were building him up to be.
          pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

Top Rank obviously just holding out until Charlo moves up in weight

Comment

This kid is going to be in some really big fights in the next few years. Top Rank knows what they're doing when it comes to developing a professional champion. I think that this kid has an unlimited future.

Comment

Top Rank can, and will get him the fights he needs in order to continue to progress his way on up to a title fight.
                Those four fighters that you just mentioned are going to be tough fights for him, but he's going to have to go through some of them.
                I believe he beats Gausha right now, Lubin, Ramos, and Fundora, he's going to need a couple of more fights to prepare him for those fighters.
                He just isn't ready for those seasoned professional's just yet, like I said in another 3 fights Lubin, 4 fights Ramos, 5 fights Fundora.
                Then he'll be ready for a title fight, but if he can't beat those fighters in around the number of fights specified, then he's not the fighter that they were building him up to be.
                In my opinion, if he can't beat Lubin next year, "he's not the fighter they were building him up to be!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  In my opinion, if he can't beat Lubin next year, "he's not the fighter they were building him up to be!"
                  Exactly! Three more fights would put Zayas against Lubin in the first quarter of 2024, and the fanfare that they started him off with was over the top.
                  To be clear Zayas is moving along real well, but he's missed fight's he already had scheduled due to illness, and that did slow his roll to a certain extent.
                  That said he should be able to beat Gausha, and Lubin, then Ramos, and Fundora will be the trials by fire, or at least that's the way I perceive it playing out.
                  If he's the next superstar out of Puerto Rico, as many touted him to be even before he entered the paid ranks, he'll beat them all, and then go on to win the title.

Comment

Exactly! Three more fights would put Zayas against Lubin in the first quarter of 2024, and the fanfare that they started him off with was over the top.
                    To be clear Zayas is moving along real well, but he's missed fight's he already had scheduled due to illness, and that did slow his roll to a certain extent.
                    That said he should be able to beat Gausha, and Lubin, then Ramos, and Fundora will be the trials by fire, or at least that's the way I perceive it playing out.
                    If he's the next superstar out of Puerto Rico, as many touted him to be even before he entered the paid ranks, he'll beat them all, and then go on to win the title.
                    The problem still remains: Top Rank does NOT have Gausha, Lubin, Ramos, and Fundora!

Comment

Working...
                    X