Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor-Teofimo Lopez Will Get Someone Back on Track: June Preview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Taylor-Teofimo Lopez Will Get Someone Back on Track: June Preview

It wasn't that long ago that Josh Taylor and Teofimo Lopez were as hot as anybody in boxing. Taylor won the World Boxing Super Series with a victory over Regis Prograis, snared a pair of belts at Jr. welterweight, and then completed unification of the division in 2021 with a two-knockdown decision over Jose Ramirez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Taylor could be strong at 140 he would win comfortably, but I doubt he can be. He looked horrendous v Catterall & a year has passed. Why would Taylor be able to make weight in 2023 when he almost killed himself trying to make it in 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Eriugenus View Post
      If Taylor could be strong at 140 he would win comfortably, but I doubt he can be. He looked horrendous v Catterall & a year has passed. Why would Taylor be able to make weight in 2023 when he almost killed himself trying to make it in 2022?
      He turned pro after 2012, which is a long career, when you factor in his amateur career. He has had some tough distance fights against Regis, Ramirez and Jack.

I am curious to see how much he has left. Maybe Catterall was just an offnight...I havent looked much, but I havent heard much about him moving up.
      MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

Also, to me, Taylor at 147 doesnt look like he has the physical strength.
        MikeyMike100 MikeyMike100 likes this.

Comment

I think the timing went wrong from JT's perspective. He was hoping to unify then step up & fight the winner of Crawford v Spence but that fight has been put back & back & back. Now, if JT steps up he will be in a very congested field. Brutally, I don't see JT beating Jaron & I wouldn't give him a great chance v Vergil Ortiz either. Then there are other contenders like Roiman Villa, Rashidi, Cody Crowley etc. He probably could beat them but basically it means going from World Champion almost back to ground zero again & working his way up. I can understand that isn't an attractive proposition for JT so he'd rather try & hang on to the title he has. Fact remains, he is endangering his health fighting at 140.

Comment

To me, JT should step up & go after someone like Cody Crowley who, IMO, is nothing to write home about. When JT wins he will get a good ranking & that, plus his stature as former champion, means he probably gets a title shot ahead of Jaron, which isn't fair but life, & especially boxing, isn't fair.

Comment

Originally posted by BritJimbo View Post
              Also, to me, Taylor at 147 doesnt look like he has the physical strength.
              Agreed, I dont think he beats Crawford, Spence, Ennis or Vergil Ortiz
              BritJimbo BritJimbo likes this.

Comment

Taylor had 1 bad night at the office against jack, hes a top fighter and will stop lopez

Hes the most disrespected fighters in the sport. Should be recognised as a top ten p4p guy
                Gggodofwar91 Gggodofwar91 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X