Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Nearly Pulled Trigger on Exploring Canelo vs. McGregor Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Nearly Pulled Trigger on Exploring Canelo vs. McGregor Clash

Promoter Eddie Hearn, who works on a fight by fight basis with undisputed super middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez, came close to exploring the possibility of a showdown with UFC superstar Conor McGregor.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This fight is meaningful after Nelo's retirement. He can make 100 million+ against an UFC leftover in the ring. PPV wouldn't be lower than 2 million as well.

Comment

MMA fighters instant defense mechanism is "I would destroy you if it wasn't just punching". I once had a guy tell me he was an MMA fighter because his hands were "trash" (literally, his words). It's almost like short-man complex: MMA fighters have to mention how they would win if they could lay on you and put you in submission holds, or kick.. this is why Jake Paul keeps dropping all these former MMA fighters. Stick to the cage.

Comment

Then he realised McGregor is a drunken retired cokehead.

Comment

Give him a year, McGregor isnt old enough to be a Canelo opponent yet.

Comment

How tf is McGregor calling someone else a ginger? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
              MMA fighters instant defense mechanism is "I would destroy you if it wasn't just punching". I once had a guy tell me he was an MMA fighter because his hands were "trash" (literally, his words). It's almost like short-man complex: MMA fighters have to mention how they would win if they could lay on you and put you in submission holds, or kick.. this is why Jake Paul keeps dropping all these former MMA fighters. Stick to the cage.
              Imagine you got into a fight with someone but you told them they can't grapple or kick you. Most high level boxers would get destroyed in an actual fight with a high level MMA fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post

Imagine you got into a fight with someone but you told them they can't grapple or kick you. Most high level boxers would get destroyed in an actual fight with a high level MMA fighter.
                Agreed; that would be preposterous. When discussion the possibility of boxing, though, most MMA fighters refer to their ability to win in a street fight, which helps zero percent in a boxing match.
                garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

So let the sideshow begin.

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post
                    of course if a fight happens with restrictive boxing rules, it will favor boxers, with fewer rules, boxers are too one dimensional. I still remember watching the beginnings of the UFC, a boxer actually entered the ring with boxing gloves (I forget if he had just one or both), he was absolutely useless lol
                    TreD TreD likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X