Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall: Shields Needs Me, Won't Make as Much Money Fighting Anyone Else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Savannah Marshall: Shields Needs Me, Won't Make as Much Money Fighting Anyone Else

Former middleweight champion Savannah Marshall believes that a rematch with Claressa Shields will happen again. Last October, Marshall lost a ten round decision to Shields in their highly anticipated undisputed fight at 160-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Savannah Marshall
    I've seen how my profile grew just from that one fight and I believe that it was down to the rivalry massively.

Even now, all people are saying is: 'When's the rematch? When's the rematch?' That's what boxing's about. It's a business. If you haven't got a rival, it's not that you're going to struggle. But that's where it happens. They're the fights people want. Where there's a bit of needle.
    ​Marshall is talking sense here. It's a business.

Rivarly in boxing is getting rare nowadays. It's hard to forget those gems of the past. But boxers who struggle to make it on top, or at least get recognized, don't seem to take advantage of it. Rivalries elevate a fighter's status a little above the rest. It just means you're no longer alone in promoting yourself. You and your rival can help each other out, albeit in a creative, indirect kind of way.
    real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

This all makes sense if it’s an actual rivalry. Shields dominated.
      paulf paulf baroidi baroidi like this.

Comment

Stop crying Saveloy Marshall

Comment

All up to Shields. If she can draw with anyone put in front of her, she doesn't need anybody.
          But not everyone is Canelo. Even then the Mexican superstar still needs someone with name.

It's business. Legacy is nothing nowadays, so why be stupid and keep dancing with nobodies
          when you can make more with someone you already beat? Easy fight, easy money.

Comment

People are so emotional these days.

Marshall is being asked incessantly about the Shields rematch, what is she supposed to say? I don't think this girl would do an Erislandy Lara stunt where he made himself look like a fool stood beside Canelo in his press con begging for the fight.

Comment

The fighter who lost needs the one who won. That's usually how it works.
              paulf paulf likes this.

Comment

Shild whip her ass again just for sayi

Comment

Oh like i was saying, before my wife rudely interrupted me, lol, Shields should whip her ass just for saying that stupid ****!!!

Comment

If people laser-focus on "money" who is here to prove her wrong?

Comment

Working...
                    X