Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Ryder: If I Could Choose My Next Three Fights - Golovkin, Plant, Benavidez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Ryder: If I Could Choose My Next Three Fights - Golovkin, Plant, Benavidez

John Ryder has set his sights on a super-middleweight showdown with Gennady Golovkin - and wants to return to Mexico to do it. Ryder is coming off the back of a 12-round decision loss to Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in Guadalajara on Cinco de Mayo weekend but earned huge credit for his performance in defeat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ryder has put himself in the miix potentially for some of these fights, hopefully he makes retirement money from them, he is such a good pro and deserves it.
    gooderz84 gooderz84 likes this.

Comment

I can't help but like Ryder. He's far from being a great boxer (he's okay), but his durability and the desire to face bigger obstacles is to be commended in a time when champions are shielding themselves from danger. I hope he gets the fights he wants and is able to retire comfortably when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
        I can't help but like Ryder. He's far from being a great boxer (he's okay), but his durability and the desire to face bigger obstacles is to be commended in a time when champions are shielding themselves from danger. I hope he gets the fights he wants and is able to retire comfortably when the time comes.
        Totally. He's like a throw back and has as much guts as anyone currently boxing. Hope he gets one of the three dream fights he mentions.

Comment

Who in the hell cares about this gate keepers 3 fight plan LOL Have to be kidding me

Comment

Plant in UK would be sweet (and realistic)
            Hitmon Hitmon likes this.

Comment

3 L’s

Comment

He said that he has to be careful and not wanting to take another beating like the Canelo one. Two of those guys will give him a beating similar or worse.

Even on a losing effort he has shown that he can be difficult and if the fighter don't come in top form he can win. He is not easy.

Comment

I would probably pick him to beat Golovkin at this point.

Comment

Ryder reminds me of Derevyanchenko. Fair amount of talent. Trains hard. Tough as nails. Brings 100 percent to the fight. Never wins the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X