Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Advises Ngannou To Face Lower-Tier Foes, Keep Away From Wilder, Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford Advises Ngannou To Face Lower-Tier Foes, Keep Away From Wilder, Fury

WBO welterweight champion Terence Crawford has warned MMA star Francis Ngannou that he's making a big mistake by calling out two of the elite at heavyweight - Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sound advice from Bud , he would have a chance with the gun shy heavies and faded one's but Wilder would destroy him and Fury would play with him.
    davefromvancouv davefromvancouv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Sound advice from Bud , he would have a chance with the gun shy heavies and faded one's but Wilder would destroy him and Fury would play with him.

He has no chance vs any HW or CW that is remotely decent and never will.
      joseph5620 joseph5620 likes this.

Comment

I agree with Bud but I also can’t be hating on Francis if he’s simply trying to make bank for him and his family. Who can fault a man for wanting to maximize his earnings in combat sports? Boxing is brutal and an unforgiving sport. If Francis is looking for big paydays then I wish him nothing but the best. As long as he can stay safe in that ring and not endure too much punishment, I think that’s a win. We all know MMA doesn’t pay like boxing does.

Now, if Francis is looking to make a real run out of this, then I would definitely take Bud’s advice. Get 2-3 fights in at least before moving up to challenge the world champions.

Comment

Lower tier as in Usyk, Ruiz, Joshua.

Comment

Personally I think Ngannou vs Chisora would be a good scrap.
            Last edited by bullydean; 05-31-2023, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackblack008 View Post
              Lower tier as in Usyk, Ruiz, Joshua.
              All three would demolish Ngannou. His trainer already said Joyce was completely outboxing him and Joyce isn't even a great boxer.

Comment

Ah yes the dud duckford way. Avoid top tier competition. This is the way

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                  Ah yes the dud duckford way. Avoid top tier competition. This is the way
                  lineal champ at 135
                  lineal undisputed champ at 140.
                  fighting Spence at 147.

I see what you mean. Bud has a long and storied history of ducking top tier competition across 3 divisions. Thank you for showing me the light.

Comment

Theres no point. Hes 36, suspected of being older, its too late for him to be slowly built up and he would probably make more money just staying in MMA than he would boxing random cans anyway. He should go straight towards a big name, take his chances (however slim) and get the biggest possible money right off the bat.
                    buge buge Smash Smash like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X