Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khlomatov: I Don't Care That Leigh Wood Didn't Mention My Name; He Now Has To Fight Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khlomatov: I Don't Care That Leigh Wood Didn't Mention My Name; He Now Has To Fight Me

Otabek Khlomatov wasn't exactly mentioned by name. Any reference of the unbeaten featherweight surrounding last weekend's Leigh Wood-Mauricio Lara rematch was limited to "mandatory defense to be ordered." Permission was granted by the WBA for Wood and Lara to once again meet, with
    [Click Here To Read More]

He better give up the title Leigh Wood he is not winning this one

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      He better give up the title Leigh Wood he is not winning this one
      I'm interested in seeing if Raymond Ford accepts the vacant title shot. This could be his sink or swim fight.

Comment

Like to see Otabek Khlomatov get a shot at Wood next. I’m interested to se what he’s got. Looks impressive but big step up to fight Wood.

Comment

Why would he fight this unknown Uzbek when he could be in a big fight with Warrington? That title is getting vacated.

Comment

Wood can give up that pipe dream of a “stadium fight” at the Grounds. Hearn already knows Leigh Wood fighting anybody won’t justify the huge expense of renting out the stadium -especially now that DAZN has tightened his budge and it might require actually spending some of Matchroom’s money to pull it off. That’s why Hearn is already coming up with excuses about how hard it would be to pull off the logistics of using the Nottingham Forest stadium during the Premier League season. Wood will end up fighting Warrington in Leeds and, 80 head butts later, will lose his title.
            rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Since Wood is trying to get some trinkets before retiring, He'll probably go for Warrington and vacate the title. But from a fan point of view, I would rather see him vs Lopez for all the marbles but that unknown mandatory will try to throw a wrench into everything. I doubt even Khlomatov's parents or next door neighbors even know who the hell he is, let alone the boxing world.
              Last edited by richardt; 05-30-2023, 12:56 PM.
              rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X