No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Martin Confident: "I'll Stop Devin Haney"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Martin Confident: "I'll Stop Devin Haney"

Devin Haney screamed at the top of his lungs as his father hoisted him in the air. For the 24-year-old, he knew good and well that, while he held all of the major hardware in the lightweight division, a victory over Vasiliy Lomachenko, was salient to his career moving forward.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He couldn't stop Michel Rivera. Ryan Kiewlsewski, or 9-12 record Larry Ventus...but he'll stop a guy that went 60 rounds with Loma, Kambosos, Linares, and Diaz without touching the canvas....okay Frank. Lets see if you stop Artem Harunyen. Something tells me it will go the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Guiltysimpson24 View Post
      He couldn't stop Michel Rivera. Ryan Kiewlsewski, or 9-12 record Larry Ventus...but he'll stop a guy that went 60 rounds with Loma, Kambosos, Linares, and Diaz without touching the canvas....okay Frank. Lets see if you stop Artem Harunyen. Something tells me it will go the distance.
      None of those guys are huge punchers though. Especially Kambosos and Diaz. Linares and Loma have like 50ish %, not bad but nothing to talk about.

To be fair, Martin’s 70% KO rate is inflated and benefits from the early career journeymen resume many boxers have. He may not have the power to KO Haney either. But let’s not act like we didn’t see Linares make him look like bambi.
      tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Unfortunately for you, you ain't a big money fight. So, your noise won't reach Haney. Haney is only interested in a big payday at 135 before he moves up to 140, in that case Tank is most logical option, win of loss he will collect a fat cheque.
        Last edited by Boxviewer; 05-30-2023, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
          Unfortunately for you, you ain't a big money fight. So, your noise won't reach Haney. Haney is only interested in a big payday at 135 before he moves up to 140, in that case Tank is most logical option, win of loss he will collect a fat cheque.
          Exactly, Tank is Haney's only option @ 135, for a BIG money fight, and I think it's a BAD option too! Haney needs to move up! Teo, Taylor, Rolly, Ryan Garcia, or Prograis! Choose one!

Comment

Originally posted by Guiltysimpson24 View Post
            Don’t hate on the man, he believes in himself without substance.
            SUBZER0ED SUBZER0ED likes this.

Comment

Am I missing something here? After the Loma bout where most people saw Loma win, fighters are coming out saying they can beat Haney easy. Haney won a very close decision from a future hall of famer that is no easy win for anyone! Loma can still fight! Great win for Martin over Rivera, but Rivera is no Loma! I think Loma kicks Martins butt! He needs to stay in his lane and win a few more fights with some top contenders.

Comment

He has to use someone's name to promote his next fight. A nobody who hasn't fought in one year, which his team found after scouring the globe similar to Ennis' Karen. He basically ducked Isaac Cruz who is very highly ranked in this division. And now he's mentioning a fight with a guy who he knew will never happen.

This is nothing new in this joke of a sport. Win big and you instantly become a protected clown being given fellow clowns to showcase fights.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                  He has to use someone's name to promote his next fight. A nobody who hasn't fought in one year, which his team found after scouring the globe similar to Ennis' Karen. He basically ducked Isaac Cruz who is very highly ranked in this division. And now he's mentioning a fight with a guy who he knew will never happen.

This is nothing new in this joke of a sport. Win big and you instantly become a protected clown being given fellow clowns to showcase fights.
                  This is nothing new in this sport, very true. To me the real concern is the amount of time they take to reappear in the ring after their last fight. In this case it's 7 months. So there's nothing to look forward to with this guy for many months to come. Fans have to wait like they have nine lives.

That's why Muratalla is a breath of fresh air in the sport. His last two fights are only 2 months apart. His last fight with Nakathila wasn't even seen as a walk in the park fight.​
                  Last edited by al-Xander; 05-30-2023, 02:52 PM.
                  JQside jqSide likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Xander View Post
                    That's why Muratalla is a breath of fresh air in the sport. His last two fights are only 2 months apart. His last fight with Nakathila wasn't even seen as a walk in the park fight.​
                    I actually expected that fight to be canceled.

Comment

Working...
                    X