Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan on Boxing Future: I'll Take My Time Before I Decide To Do Anything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan on Boxing Future: I'll Take My Time Before I Decide To Do Anything

Irish Olympian Michael Conlan will take the proper time to determine his future in the sport. This past Saturday night in Belfast, Conlan was knocked out in five rounds by IBF featherweight world champion Luis Alberto Lopez at the SSE Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully he got some good paydays and can retire comfortably. Or maybe a couple fights against top 10 guys to cash out?

Comment

if the belt route is too tough just go down the no belt route & claim belts are over rated anyway

Comment

This guy has got more than his fair share of bites at the apple.

He simply doesn’t have “it.”

Comment

At 31 his time is running out and this layoff isn't going to help much. He's 31, fairly old for the featherweight division, and in the smaller division once your speed drops you're at a big disadvantage. Best case scenario is he takes a break, takes a tune up, then manages to corral a title fight. Most likely is he takes a tune up, then takes an (un)official eliminator, then fights for a title. But more to the point he has to do some serious soul searching. This is twice he's been KO'd in career defining fights; he can't say he was caught cold because he was KO'd in the 12th and 5th, he isn't a masterclass boxer who can keep opponents at bay, he isn't a power puncher, and he doesn't adapt to his opponents well. It may sound like I'm denigrating this guy but I actually do want him to be an elite power player at whatever division he's in, the more elite guys in a division the better, but Michael needs to rebuild from the bottom up and fast.

Comment

Working...
          X