Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billam-Smith: Okolie's Holding Was Annoying, The Referee Did a Really Good Job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Billam-Smith: Okolie's Holding Was Annoying, The Referee Did a Really Good Job

Newly crowned WBO cruiserweight world champion Chris Billam-Smith was prepared for the mind games of Lawrence Okolie. This past Saturday night in Bournemouth, Billam-Smith pulled off a shocker when he dropped Okolie three times and secured a twelve round decision win to capture the WBO title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'd only seen Okolie fight twice before, one was against Glowacki and other I forget but in both fights Okolie looked awesome.

I kept reading about his unwatchable style but I didn't get it. I get it now.

Comment

Referee did an excellent job that many before him didn't. Maybe now Okolie wIll learn how to in-fight, and use his legs and movement as defense, rather than just Wrapping his Opponent up like an Octopus out of water every time he throws a punch or combination.

Comment

They got to put in clauses for a rematch for example if he made it a boring fight why should we the public pay for a rematch it is not right

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
          They got to put in clauses for a rematch for example if he made it a boring fight why should we the public pay for a rematch it is not right
          To be fair, it wasn't a boring a fight. Even with Okolies dreadful tactics

Comment

CBS has a solid fundamental style, a hard head and fanatical hometown fans. That’s about it. Riakporhe will clean his clock. CBS should be thankful he’s got the rematch obligation with Okolie

Comment

shouldn't even give him a rematch, that guy is AWFUL, the worst style in all of boxing

Okolie Style: Weak Jab, Fall In, Grab, Hold and Push Opponents Against The Ropes, Lean On Opponent until Ref breaks...THEN REPEAT ALL FIGHT!
              rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                I'd only seen Okolie fight twice before, one was against Glowacki and other I forget but in both fights Okolie looked awesome.

I kept reading about his unwatchable style but I didn't get it. I get it now.
                What irks me is that I saw glimpses of what Okolie can be if he didn't hold so much. When he wasn't holding Okolie looked (at times) ready to pull the trigger, committed to his combinations, and wanting/willing to get off first.

Comment

He is just as bad as Johnny Nelson was

Comment

Originally posted by Roj View Post
                    CBS has a solid fundamental style, a hard head and fanatical hometown fans. That’s about it. Riakporhe will clean his clock. CBS should be thankful he’s got the rematch obligation with Okolie
                    They've already fought before in a close fight. I was at the fight at the Vitality against Okolie and I think I speak for most people there when I say we'd rather watch the Riakporhe rematch than Okolie again.

They can't use the Vitality again for an Okolie rematch though (weather/football) so assuming CBS makes it through the rematch and possibly a mandatory then Riakporhe next summer at the Vitality sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                    X