Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood: I've Had A Fairy Tale Career; It's Time To Give Me MY F-----' Happy Ending

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood: I've Had A Fairy Tale Career; It's Time To Give Me MY F-----' Happy Ending

The finish line is well in sight for Leigh Wood. Job one was to regain the title, which the 34-year-old Nottingham native did in near flawless fashion. Wood soundly outboxed Mauricio Lara over twelve rounds in their DAZN-aired rematch this past Saturday to regain the WBA
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great win by Wood , personally I thought he'd get stopped but Lara seemed a little too cocksure and lost most of the rounds again .The city ground would be good against Josh in a real war but he should stay away from Lopez , who looks just as dangerous as Lara and would give Wood his 'happy ending'

Comment

It reads as if he's saying "I want an easy fight, but in front of a big crowd for lots of money". But maybe I'm reading too much into one sentence.

Comment

Trilogy.......make it happen

Comment

That was shady from the start. Lara never showed any interest, lost it on the scales and Wood acting like it didn't matter. Wood was the cocksure one, never blinked an eye even though he was KOd by a smaller man. Now Wood wants an easy fight? The smell from this thing is like when the tide goes out.
          Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

I hope Lara is enjoying his dive money, because nobody will convince me otherwise that's what happened. Didn't go out on his shield, showed no interest at all in scoring the KO except for fake attacks at the end of rounds knowing Wood could recover if he accidentally hurt him. Pathetic fight and not at all a legit win for Wood because we all know that Lara went back to Mexico with a suitcase full of Hearn money. Nash out
            HeyDeebo! A.B Counterhooks likes this.

Comment

Wood had the balls to immediately face the guy who knocked him out so he trained, prepared, made weight, and fought the perfect fight. Diametrically opposite Boxing IQ's. Lots of haters lost money on the bets and put on their tin foil hats and conspiracy garbage when the outcome was so simple - Lara thought he would just land one punch and end it - so he didn't think he had to throw volumes and ended up tiring from missing single power shots and being countered. This was Terry Norris vs Simon Brown duo fights in a number of ways.
              Last edited by richardt; 05-29-2023, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I bet Wood went to an asian 'massage' room to celebrate... Get in there Wood!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                  Wood had the balls to immediately face the guy who knocked him out so he trained, prepared, made weight, and fought the perfect fight. Diametrically opposite Boxing IQ's. Lots of haters lost money on the bets and put on their tin foil hats and conspiracy garbage when the outcome was so simple - Lara thought he would just land one punch and end it - so he didn't think he had to throw volumes and ended up tiring from missing single power shots and being countered. This was Terry Norris vs Simon Brown duo fights in a number of ways.
                  Lara THOUGHT all he had to do? Thats just speculation, but I will agree to the final analysis. Lara can go back to Mexico, stink at home and quit embarrassing himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post

Lara THOUGHT all he had to do? Thats just speculation, but I will agree to the final analysis. Lara can go back to Mexico, stink at home and quit embarrassing himself.
                    Lara fell in love with his power after so many KO's in a row and it showed in the rematch. He practically turned himself completely around trying to land the money shot and missing wildly. He has got to get a new trainer ASAP and fire the one he has! He should be able to come back at 130 and pick up some wins and who knows.
                    Last edited by richardt; 05-29-2023, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X