Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Chris Billam-Smith Drops Lawrence Okolie Three Times, Wins WBO Title - HUGE Gallery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Chris Billam-Smith Drops Lawrence Okolie Three Times, Wins WBO Title - HUGE Gallery

Billam-Smith, Okolie Fight Photos Gallery - Vitality Stadium, Bournemouth - For the WBO cruiserweight title, Chris Billam-Smith (18-1, 13 KOs) put in a shocking performance as he scored three knockdowns to become a world champion, with a twelve round majority decision over previously undefeated Lawrence Okolie (19-1, 14 KOs). (photos by Lawrence Lustig)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Woah, 3KDs and 2 points deducted and STILL a 112-112 draw? I need to see this fight and these judges need to start getting drug tested.
    Last edited by TheOneAboveAll; 05-28-2023, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Give him a knighthood!
      On behalf of everyone and I do mean everyone, thank you for relieving Okolie of his title.
      Credit to his team also and the ref!

I can not express it or put it into words how I feel about that guy and his ''boxing''. I swear his style is cancer.
      Its so bad I feel the need to tune in just in hope he gets starched. I swear I woke up this morning after watching that feeling like I'd been the one in the ring with him.
      Torture.
      The worst, most boring style I've ever had the misfortune of watching. Hopefully he just falls into obscurity or something now.​

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Give him a knighthood!
        On behalf of everyone and I do mean everyone, thank you for relieving Okolie of his title.
        Credit to his team also and the ref!

I can not express it or put it into words how I feel about that guy and his ''boxing''. I swear his style is cancer.
        Its so bad I feel the need to tune in just in hope he gets starched. I swear I woke up this morning after watching that feeling like I'd been the one in the ring with him.
        Torture.
        The worst, most boring style I've ever had the misfortune of watching. Hopefully he just falls into obscurity or something now.​

Lawrence is of Nigerian descent just like me so I always want him to win. I think I watched his first two fights and never kept up with his career but I hear he was still winning. I don’t think I watched one fight of his opponent but heard he was a good father, good husband so in my head I thought I hope Okolie doesn’t beat him up too badly in that the guy can still provide for his family. I tuned in from the second round and what you described was correct. I have never supported a fighter but wanted them to get knocked out so badly. I was furious that is a habit he won’t kick. Credit to CBS and the fact he dedicated the fight to his mother that had Breast cancer I automatically will be rooting for him. Okolie handed his defeat like a man which was the only positive for him

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneAboveAll View Post
          Woah, 3KDs and 2 points deducted and STILL a 112-112 draw? I need to see this fight and these refs need to start getting drug tested.
          The Refs or the Judges? Coz from What I watched the ref did his job well and rightly and accurately deducted 2 points (should have been more) from Lawrence for too much holding.

So what are you talking about? Elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by Dare7 View Post

The Refs or the Judges? Coz from What I watched the ref did his job well and rightly and accurately deducted 2 points (should have been more) from Lawrence for too much holding.

So what are you talking about? Elaborate
            Sorry, I meant to say judges.

Comment

What? No photos of an octopus?

Comment

Something needs to be done about judging on boxing. The sanctioning bodies need to come together and come up with some sort of testing etc for judges. Lots of fighters are going to need to start going for the KO if they want to win because scorecards like 112-112 in this fight is the worse I seen since Canelo/Floyd.

Comment

that draw card might actually be one of the worst sorecards ever, how in the living hell is a draw even a remote possibility???

Comment

Working...
                  X