Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn on Fury-Joshua in September: No Contract Sent, But We Are Talking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn on Fury-Joshua in September: No Contract Sent, But We Are Talking

Eddie Hearn, promoter for former two-time heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, has denied Tyson Fury's claim that contract has been sent for a September mega-fight at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Here we go again. All about control. Fury hates Hearn and is no doubt fuming that he is calling the shots for the Saudi December mega fights.
    Last edited by Goatintheboat; 05-28-2023, 02:53 AM.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

We have 'plans' august , sept maybe Dec. or possibly next year no doubt. The promoters have tied up an already slow moving division .To keep their cash cows out of harms way until a big pay day , that's what this is and boxing suffers for their greed.
      Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

I thought Joshua was fighting Wilder. Whatever.
        thack thack likes this.

Comment

Honestly doesn't make Fury look good.

No one on his team advises him not speak out on possible negotiations, because they don't want to be off his payroll.

Then when he says a contract was sent ,or there's a deadline and stuff like that, it hinders the chance of a big fight like Fury-Usyk being made.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
            Honestly doesn't make Fury look good.

No one on his team advises him not speak out on possible negotiations, because they don't want to be off his payroll.

Then when he says a contract was sent ,or there's a deadline and stuff like that, it hinders the chance of a big fight like Fury-Usyk being made.
            Fury can still make the big fights. The difference now is that people won't wait for him anymore, they won't plan around him and they certainly won't make all the running.

You can clearly see where the industry sits with regards to a Fury fight.

He might be the first champion to be in that position. The champ usually calls the shots and chooses which of his challengers he will face. Fury has completely lost that position.
            ​​​​​
            Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
              We have 'plans' august , sept maybe Dec. or possibly next year no doubt. The promoters have tied up an already slow moving division .To keep their cash cows out of harms way until a big pay day , that's what this is and boxing suffers for their greed.
              Yes, it all just more BS. Bored with the whole circus tbh.
              landotter landotter thack thack like this.

Comment

Fury getting desperate, he needs an opponent. To think he thought Usyk was the one who be desperate.
                landotter landotter Sayithowitisuk Bob like this.

Comment

Joshua will be fighting wilder in Saudi in December. Fury has sort of missed the chance for a by hype fight

I rather have Joshua vs wilder anyway, I think fury beats every heavyweight as he’s simply a level up on everyone

joshua vs wilder is an interesting fight to me
                  thack thack likes this.

Comment

Joshua is not fighting until December he won't risk a loss before facing Wilder which probably will be retirement money. The money's to big in Saudi and a loss will throw that in disarray. Fury on the other hand is trying to get an opponent, there's not much left but probably the one heavyweight really would be Hrgovic who on paper has a win over Zhang who just beat Joyce, I personally thought it was a draw although it was close it could of gone either way it makes sense for Hrgovic as he gets his title shot otherwise he has to wait a minimum of 18 months with the landscape of the modern day Heavyweight Division and he hasn't fought since last August, he needs a payday I'm sure and he should get in the region of 3 or 4 mil. its a no brainier really.
                    Last edited by Tonyu; 05-28-2023, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X