Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Regains WBA Title, Wins Dominant Decision Over Mauricio Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Regains WBA Title, Wins Dominant Decision Over Mauricio Lara

This turned out to be a U.K. trip that Mauricio Lara would love to forget. One day after ending his title reign at the scale, the visiting Mexico City native was soundly outpointed by Leigh Wood who avenged a prior knockout defeat to regain the WBA featherweight title. Judges Victor Simons (118-109), Howard Foster (118-109) and Jose Ignacio Martinez (116-111) were unanimous in scoring for Wood, who prevailed in their DAZN-aired title fight rematch Saturday evening from AO Arena in Manchester, England.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-27-2023, 05:55 PM.

Mauricio Lara lost the World Boxing Association (WBA) featherweight belt after failing to make weight on Friday. However, the Mexican will step into the ring to face Leigh Wood this Saturday but only the Brit will have the option to win the crown. (photos by Mark Robinson)

Comment

WAR Lara !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mouzone View Post
        WAR Lara !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Don’t recall ever having 3 British cards on simultaneously, but tomorrow should be a great afternoon of boxing
        Brother Mouzone Brother Mouzone likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post

Don’t recall ever having 3 British cards on simultaneously, but tomorrow should be a great afternoon of boxing
          I really enjoy Sat afternoon fight cards .........
          Zaroku Zaroku edpboxing edpboxing like this.

Comment

Lara/Wood 2 is top priority, followed by Lopez/Conlan. I know CBS brings entertainment, but I'm not sitting through an Okolie fight.
            edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Lara/Wood 2 is top priority, followed by Lopez/Conlan. I know CBS brings entertainment, but I'm not sitting through an Okolie fight.
              I feel that, and agree , but I’ll still have it on the tablet as third priority lol. For Egginton-Pigford at minimum
              kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

I feel that, and agree , but I’ll still have it on the tablet as third priority lol. For Egginton-Pigford at minimum
                Mr. Sam & Egg is always one to watch, and Pigford has a high KO%. I guess I'll have a reason to tune in then.
                edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

I wonder what conditions/penalties will be set for Lara not making weight. Wonder if Lara could had cut down to 126 without the restrictions from BBBofC since they didn't like the check weigh in Wednesday. Lara weighted 133, an athlete can lose three-five pounds during a sauna in a day.

Also does anybody remember when Lara's trainer noticed something off with Leigh Wood's scale and Hearn tried to shut up him up, Matchroom turned down the volume, so I don't know what he said.

Last edited by Feroz; 05-27-2023, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Wood will win every round against the fat Mexican.

Comment

Working...
                    X