Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mauricio Lara: I'm Going To Be Looking For The Knockout From The Very First Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mauricio Lara: I'm Going To Be Looking For The Knockout From The Very First Round

Mauricio Lara is less concerned about replicating his dramatic title act. By his own admission, the former WBA featherweight titlist longs for a return to the unadulterated level of violence that saw him rise to prominence. Simply put, Leigh Wood should expect a much shorter night at the office during their second act.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What he should have been looking for was a portable $30 weight scale at Target and carried it everywhere. That $30 would have netted him retaining his title had he won the rematch tomorrow.

Comment

What a moron, he’ll probably get the knockout of Wood but then, having been stripped of the title, he’s going right back to getting avoided like the plague and not get another title shot for a few years. At least I’m hoping the tacos and burritos were top notch.

Comment

Lara can be out boxed and can be hit good. Doubt that Wood is the man to do it since he gets hit so clean and so frequent. Lara has been visibly hurt in his last few fights but he is very resilient.

Comment

No surprise! He's always looking for the KO.
          shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

This is why I laughed my azz off when I heard Lara disparage El Venado Lopez. Lopez would box his ears off and probably stop him late. Lara has no discipline.

Comment

Looking for the knockout is often not the best way to find it

Comment

I’m quite disappointed with Lara. I was really looking forward to this fight. I still am but shyt like this makes it less desirable.
                shenmue shenmue paulf paulf like this.

Comment

Can’t believe he missed weight so badly.

Woods team should be fired for allowing this fight to happen. It’s one-in-a-million he wins. Should have gone on vacation and fought for the vacant title 3 months from now.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    Canât believe he missed weight so badly.

Woods team should be fired for allowing this fight to happen. Itâs one-in-a-million he wins. Should have gone on vacation and fought for the vacant title 3 months from now.
                    Problem is Wood isn't mandatory, this is a rematch because of a rematch clause. So there's a a chance that a vacant title fight 3 months down the line wouldn't have involved him. I suppose his team could have appealed and said he deserves it because lara missed weight and he lost his title opportunity. but that appeal might have took some time and there's no guarantee he would get it.

there's a chance fight today might be his only chance again to win a title again...so I think he's really had to take it under unfair circumstances where he's killed himself to make weight and Lara was nowhere near.

Comment

Working...
                    X