Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wood's Trainer On Lara Missing Weight: Realistically This Shouldn't Be Happening; It's In Absolute Shambles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wood's Trainer On Lara Missing Weight: Realistically This Shouldn't Be Happening; It's In Absolute Shambles

A hard conversation will take place among the team surrounding Leigh Wood. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, the WBA featherweight belt is at stake only for Wood in his currently scheduled rematch versus Mauricio Lara. A pre-fight week check deemed it unsafe for Mexico City's Lara to perform the
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ben Davison, Wood’s trainer told DAZN’s Chris Lloyd and Darren Barker after Lara’s miserable scale fail. “It’s a disgrace, to be honest. Nothing against Mauricio Lara and their whole team, they were respectful throughout. But it’s in absolute shambles.
    So Lara not making weight is a disgrace but nothing against him?
    NC Uppercut NC Uppercut rudy rudy like this.

Comment

Lara is the Champion, he can do whatever he wants, if you wanted that privilege then you should have won the first time round. New fight, new rules. Lara calls the shots now, deal with it. Just like Tyson Fury has earned the right to completely dictate contracts after beating Wlad, Delboy, War, & Old Chisora, and Beast Wilder X3, not forgetting when he beat Martin Rogan for the Irish title. Nash out
      LG Motel 22 LG Motel 22 likes this.

Comment

I agree, as much I wanted Lara to add another highlight reel knockout to his resume, this is a bad look and that's a lot of weight he missed by pretty much a whole division. It was already a dangerous fight for Wood so I think it honestly should've been cancelled, as much as I was looking forward to it. This also kills the match up of Venado vs Lara, I saw Lara looking a little flabby during some of the training build up but I thought he would still make the weight.
        Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

Not a good look for Bronco, no fighter missing weight should be given a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            Lara is the Champion, he can do whatever he wants, if you wanted that privilege then you should have won the first time round. New fight, new rules. Lara calls the shots now, deal with it. Just like Tyson Fury has earned the right to completely dictate contracts after beating Wlad, Delboy, War, & Old Chisora, and Beast Wilder X3, not forgetting when he beat Martin Rogan for the Irish title. Nash out
            Hilarious trolling. Lara is not the champion; he lost the title on the scales. And Heavyweights don't have weight limits or they would have to abide by the same rules.
            Last edited by richardt; 05-26-2023, 12:07 PM.
            Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

If I was Wood, I would cancel. Lara has the power, now he has weight. Let Lara suffer for his unprofessional actions. Let them strip Lara and Wood should fight the next contender. Lara is too dangerous to give this type of advantage.

Comment

Bronco Lara being robbed by these stinky Brits in the same way they did Casiemero

Comment

Fighters already now that they will miss weight that is not mystery. It is up to Wood and company to decide what they want to do. People want to get paid so they might come up with something.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                    You need a new schtick. Zaroku beat you to this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X