Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Featherweight Title At Stake Only For Leigh Wood; Mauricio Lara Well Over Limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Featherweight Title At Stake Only For Leigh Wood; Mauricio Lara Well Over Limit

Leigh Wood is now the only main event fighter eligible to fight for his old title. Rumors of weight struggles for Mauricio Lara were confirmed prior to the start of Friday's official pre-fight weigh-in. A weight check during fight week prompted the British Boxing Board of Control to deem it unsafe for Lara to attempt to make the 126-pound featherweight limit on Friday. The BBBofC set a minimum limit of 128 1/2 pounds for which Lara could step on the scale. The development will likely result in his being stripped of the WBA featherweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-26-2023, 09:35 AM.

Well fck. I have to root for Wood then

Comment

Unprofessional.

Comment

Now all it takes for Wood is putting on his finest Sunny Edwards running shoes, and the belt is back on his waist.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Elias View Post
          Well fck. I have to root for Wood then
          Uggg me and u both
          REMOVE SHARK 5510 REMOVE SHARK 5510 likes this.

Comment

What did Lara do, put on silk pajamas?

Comment

Apparently the BBBofC didn't like what they saw at a weight check in during this week and told Lara not to attempt to cut down to championship weight. Putting a catch weight of 128.5.

Which he still didn't manage to do it, possibly due to some restrictions by the board such as the usage of a sauna to prevent any health issues, which now might put Wood's onto jeopardy.

I really wanted to see this fight, but it might be for the better if the fight is canceled and Lara attempted to fight for the title at a different time or just move up to 130.
              Last edited by Feroz; 05-26-2023, 08:34 AM.

Comment

So is the fight cancelled considering he wasn't able to even make the 128.5lb catchweight?

Comment

What a bunch of nonsense. I have wood in a nine person parlay that will pay out huge if i can get a couple more wins. They should let lara make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    So is the fight cancelled considering he wasn't able to even make the 128.5lb catchweight?
                    128.5 was the MINIMUM he could weigh based on where his weight was at during the week (Though that weight was never revealed).
                    He had to strip to weigh less than 130, however. Anything over 130 and the fight would have been canceled for sure.
                    I honestly don't get how the fight is still moving forward with their being a full weight division apart.

Comment

Working...
                    X